8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im putting a new exhaust on. and the three bolts on the end of the cat are not coming out. Do they come out, or what? how do i get these out?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Couldn't tell you... See if the nuts thread to that bolt, make sure that if they do thread, they thread easily. If they do, reuse them... No sense in doing more work than is necessary

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i couldn't reuse them because after taking one of the nuts off i noticed some of the threads were messed up. so i decided to just use the new bolts that came with the exhaust.

soo, after some time and constant banging... they eventually popped out.

i must say it was a PITA, but whatever... :p

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have been thinking of getting an exhaust for my FG2 and have also wondered if I am going to run into this problem.How much trouble would it be just to take the cat off and use a vice or something to press the bolts out?I wouldnt bang on the cat because you could mess up the cat,and even worse you could do damage to the head as it is aluminum.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I have been thinking of getting an exhaust for my FG2 and have also wondered if I am going to run into this problem.How much trouble would it be just to take the cat off and use a vice or something to press the bolts out?I wouldnt bang on the cat because you could mess up the cat,and even worse you could do damage to the head as it is aluminum.
its not that bad, u dont hit them hard enuf to do damage with a little subtle pouding they come out..just wack them..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts