8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so today i was driving...and all of a sudden vtec bogged..so I was like wtf is going on...(it was raining, and I have a CAI ) okay so then i started to drive and it stalled...now getting worried, I made it to a gas station on my way home and parked my car there it stopped raining and I went back later to look at it and try it I threw a CEL with the VSA light on..and cannot shut of the VSA then I drove the car but it really boggs when in idle...like it got water in there or something. It will only rev to 3 grand with a choppy ride...and would not idle..gladly, I safely got her home and in the garage but my intake filter is soaked and I unplugged the MAF sensor and now is idling normal, however I didn't try driving it like that yet. but when I unplug it of course I have a CEL...and when it is plugged in it boggs? so what should I do just let it all dry out and then it will be good?

let me know...

thanks

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
and change your oil, if there is water in there , you wanna get it all out if you didnt actually hydrolock the heat will evaporate any left over condensation but oil will turn milky and not release the water to get out of your system.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
This happened to me with my old AEM cai. Your filter got wet and small amounts of water is getting the maf sensor wet i think and causing it to run like that. When it happened to me I removed the filter and let it dry and dryed maf sensor. Disconnected the neg. to reset ecu and everything was fine. You might have to get a Hydroshield for your filter to prevent this from happening again. Good luck.

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
dont use cai. PERIOD
:word: :yeahthat: cai is the reason y i dont have my 05 accord anymore...apparetnly i still hold the dealership record for most water sucked into motor...1.5 gallons...lol
ya I want to take it out now and do a SRI instead..
much safer and u wont have the wut if factor in the back of ur mind anymore

This happened to me with my old AEM cai. Your filter got wet and small amounts of water is getting the maf sensor wet i think and causing it to run like that. When it happened to me I removed the filter and let it dry and dryed maf sensor. Disconnected the neg. to reset ecu and everything was fine. You might have to get a Hydroshield for your filter to prevent this from happening again. Good luck.
dont use cold air...unless u go to a track...i hate cai with a passion...but pull off hte intake completely and make sure that water didnt travel all the way up

i had that on my accord and it failed miserably...

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
the maf grounded out from the water possibly (not broken)

that's why it was running limp mode (3000 rpms only)

Dry it out with compressed air and contact cleaner, blow the water out the filter. blow air down the intake piping.

BLOCK OFF THE HOLES THAT ALLOW WATER TO GET TO THE FILTER.

There are 3 spots. A hole directly under the filter that allows you to literally touch the filter with your hand.

one 6 inches west of there (if look at the front of the car) that is about 6 inches long and 3 inches wide.

And if it's an AEM the hole in the splash guard in the wheel well. Cover these with tape and shield your filter with a piece of something and water won't touch it unless you drive into a lake.

And to the guy above me... 1.5 gallons?

Yeah you drove into a lake. Or you drove down a flooded street.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.