8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I wasn't sure but has anyone seen/heard anything about this car. I don't have any pics but search google and you will find a ton. But anyway i saw a ton of them at BMW today as i was picking something up from them to fix at work. Looks like the X5 but slants off in the rear. Kinda odd looking but still looks good.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
X6 either is AND/OR has an available hybrid type engine. Basically the GM type of fuel savings, 20-25% savings compared to a normal same size SUV, will have a 4-5K price premium.

Its part of a joint project, same drive train as the hybrid one going into the Denali, Apsen, Durango, etc....

Basically BMW's production entry into the green market, Lexus style.

Edit: also, you sure you saw X6's at a dealer? I wasn't aware they had even left concept stage yet. Sure it wasn't an X3 you saw?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't at the dealer, i was at the BMW plant in SC, I work like 2 miles from there at a machine shop and they needed us to fix some part. I just wish i would have had my camera with me but i was in the boss' car.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Take pics!!!

I don't like the concept much. If they use a shared engine then it kinda defeats the "ultimate driving machine" image to share an engine with a Durango.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If i get to take the part back to them after were done with it ill be sure to take my camera with me and try to snap a few without getting caught lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts