8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Please delete if repost)

Coupe: $57,275
Sedan: $54,575

Detroit 2008: BMW announces M3 pricing - Autoblog

Autoblog.com said:
If you've got a hankering for a V8-powered, carbon fiber-roofed über 3-series, BMW has finally named its price for the M3 coupe and sedan. $57,275 will buy you entry into the M3 Coupe, and bargain hunters willing to settle for an extra pair of doors can get the M3 Sedan in their driveway for $54,575.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol why does bmw charge more for the coupe than for the sedan??
Not just BMW, many makers charge a 'premium' for the coupe version.

Look at the ugly price difference between the C350 Sport Sedan and the CLK350:

C350 Sport Sedan $37,725
CLK350 Coupe $47,225

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm not sure. If I had the money i'd be looking at the new Lexus IS F. Audi RS4 just doesn't look like a sports car IMO, and the M3 doesn't weigh to well on the reliability charts. Wheres the Lexus seems like the best of both worlds. Lexus #1 in Reliability, looks sexy as ****, and you know it's going to have serious power.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
lol why does bmw charge more for the coupe than for the sedan?? i always figured it would be cheaper to save two extra doors so the coupe should be cheaper, right?
the new BMW 3 series coupe and sedan are not quite the same car. the Coupe has a superior chassis, just driving two, 335i sedan and coupe can feel the difference.

then the Coupe also has the Carbon Fiber roof when the sedan does not.

Not just BMW, many makers charge a 'premium' for the coupe version.

Look at the ugly price difference between the C350 Sport Sedan and the CLK350:

C350 Sport Sedan $37,725
CLK350 Coupe $47,225
that doesnt count because its not the same car at all really. its just the same platform. the CLK is a midsize car for one, while the C class is a compact (according to EPA standards)

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
DCT vs SMG vs DSG vs s-tronic vs PDK

so many names for the same thing....

DCT is the generic name, for Dual Clutch Transmission. SMG, (which is not DCT), DSG, S-Tronic, and PDK and also the EVO's SST are brand names.

Are there significantly differing trims for the M3? I was always under the impression it was ~70k
generally only Japanese and American companies do different "trims" for the same engine. European companies make options things a le carte. a fully loaded M3 would probably be 70+

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
the new BMW 3 series coupe and sedan are not quite the same car. the Coupe has a superior chassis, just driving two, 335i sedan and coupe can feel the difference.

then the Coupe also has the Carbon Fiber roof when the sedan does not.
O RLY?

didnt know all that, but it is nice to have a bmw knowitall like you :thumb:

·
Registered
778 Posts
I think the 335 is a much better buy.

Inline 6 turbocharged:drooling:

I saw one in alpine white w/ black leather at the grocery store the other day...let's just say I had to change out the calvin's when I got home...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.