8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

261 - 280 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
the im assuming the only option is to buy a custom face and change the LED in the spedo cluster. i might have to try this when i get bored or dont have much money

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
So BCC can make a face calibrated for the r18 but for the Si cluster?
I still need an auto cluster though.
IF you have an 09 EX automatic sedan you'll need:

08 EX/EX-L coupe automatic tach
09-11 EX coupe automatic tach*
Si speedo
BCC R18 tach face in red
Si tach LCD

*09-11 EX-L coupe tach has a different part number - I'm not sure if it'll work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a very important question i need answered. i went to put my new mugen indiglo gauge in and in doing so my finger slipped and hit the needle. now the needle goes past zero, is there anyway to fix that and put it back at zero or did i break it? Im seriously flippin out and dont know what to do to fix it without buying another one or sending it to get fixed. Do i just need to get the needle off and reposition it?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Edit to my post above.

The 09-11 EX-L automatic coupe tach has a different part number because the 09-11 EX-L coupe has VSA as standard equipment.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I thought the LCD in the automatics was soldiered in . Is it not the case? 09+ might be different.
I'm 100% sure the LCD isn't soldered in on any year Denso tach because ALL Denso tach circuit boards share the same part number - even the automatics.

Here is visual proof.

In both pics, the top tach is from my 09 EX coupe 5spd. The bottom tach is from an 06/07 Si.

Just for snits & giggles, here's a pic of the different LCD's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I tried calling several dealerships in my area, but the ones that would do it (many said it was illegal... whatever) wanted to charge anywhere between $230-$380. What I ended up doing was switch the LCD and red backlight LED's from the Si cluster into my R18 cluster.

Disregard the nasty steering wheel. I have the RedlineGoods leather wrap, and I'm just waiting for the adhesive to come in the mail.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I reinstalled the needle, and it jerks and bounces when it starts and shuts down
That happened to me u got 2 make sure to twist the needle carefully until u push it up it moves a little and push a Lil hard down on the tach all it needs is to be pushed in more,ya when u turn on the car and off it jerksdown

261 - 280 of 300 Posts