8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

241 - 260 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Thanks so much dude! Definately appreciate it.

Was just gonna tackle it head on without any insight..but this gives me much much more confidence.

Will update with pics!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Thanks so much dude! Definately appreciate it.

Was just gonna tackle it head on without any insight..but this gives me much much more confidence.

Will update with pics!
1 more thing.

When you reinstall the tuner/cd player, make sure the small tabs on the bottom of it are inserted into the assembly properly - it just slips in. This will assure you that you have a good connection between the tuner/cd player and the circuit board.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
25 Posts
So i went to my local honda dealership today to ask if they could swap the mileage of my stock tachometer, onto the si tach i got. a couple of questions arised we're not to sure how to go about it so i figured i'd ask here.

-They weren't sure if when they take the reading off of on cluster and put it to the other if the computer purposely damages the transferring cluster for legal reasons, and could possibly damage the receiving cluster.

-other thought was they weren't sure if the computer would overlap miles onto the receiving cluster and thus combine both readings onto the receiving tach

-other possibility was it could erase both readings leaving them both at a fresh start

So I wanted to ask because i know some people here have done it, is what happened from you're experiences in get the mileage swapped. This dealership is willing to do it for me as long as i take responsibility for what happens so i'd like to know what could happen before I move on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So i went to my local honda dealership today to ask if they could swap the mileage of my stock tachometer, onto the si tach i got. a couple of questions arised we're not to sure how to go about it so i figured i'd ask here.

-They weren't sure if when they take the reading off of on cluster and put it to the other if the computer purposely damages the transferring cluster for legal reasons, and could possibly damage the receiving cluster.

-other thought was they weren't sure if the computer would overlap miles onto the receiving cluster and thus combine both readings onto the receiving tach

-other possibility was it could erase both readings leaving them both at a fresh start

So I wanted to ask because i know some people here have done it, is what happened from you're experiences in get the mileage swapped. This dealership is willing to do it for me as long as i take responsibility for what happens so i'd like to know what could happen before I move on.
I was just wondering why you are trying to swap to an SI tach? The RPM's will not read correctly if you do that. Your r18 motor isn't going to rev up there like the SI's.

If you are attempting to swap colors from blue to red, it is simply a removal and re-installation process. You retain your stock tach and mileage.

Dont mean to revive the thread, but I need some posts and nobody answered him haha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
LED type

very nice work, I had been following this thread since long. and now I also want to change the LED in the instrument cluster. I am scarred of breaking the needle (tachometer)
how do we remove it? does it has any clip? or hook
Please suggest/guide.

and, can you tell me what is the type of LED that you had changed.
what is the name/part number/ model number/ size etc of the the LED that we need to change.

are they the same (size) LED that are used for different indicator lights e.g Cruise Control, CEL, Oil, Battery etc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi ! first, sorry for my english ! :p

Today I try to install speedo and the cluster ( rpm ) from a Si, I have a 06 Lx sedan.

The cluster was Ok, but the speedo never turn on .... I see on your DIY, you only plug your's and he turn ON ... do you do something special ?

If I plug the SI rpm with the LX speedo, the engine temperature and the gas level was unfonctionnal ...

Well ... do you undertand ?

Thanks a lot ... if nothing work with my setup, i will command the same 'rpm' of you ... but I don't know why the SI speedo don't turn on ...

Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
REXIMUS .... can you help with this

Sorry for the double post ! :S

Hi! I followed the topic on the cluster convertion, but I'm not sure I understand well ....

I have a 2006 Civic LX sedan, I have hands speedo and tach .... its from a 2008 + Si sedan. when I plug the tach, it lights up, but the speedo, nothing happens, even if I reverse 1 and 7.

Can you help me with this?

thank you very much

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH! i USED A TRANSLATOR ! :p ( FROM QUEBEC )

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice work, bookmarking this. The red is so much better for me personally to see at night with, the giant blue blob is annoying even on the dimmest setting.

241 - 260 of 300 Posts