8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to buy a 270mm mirror for my "non-tint" civic coupe. how you all think about the "270mm Broadway Mirror - Blue Tint - Convex Lens"?
or the original/type A is better for my "non-tint" civic? do you all refer the convex or flat? i appreciate any suggestion:thumb:

247Motoring.com

·
Registered
521 Posts
When I first bought my car I got a 240mm flat, but it was too small so I upgraded to a 270mm flat.

The 270mm worked pretty well for a while. But after getting into one of my colleague's car and seeing the difference with his convex mirrors, I decided to get a set of convex myself and I must say it's a big difference.

I got a set of the 270mm Broadway Convex w/ Blue Tint @ a local SuperAutobacs, and it matches my LX interior perfectly.

Trust me, once you try the convex, you won't go back to a flat mirror... EVER.

Oh, and to answer your question, since your car has no tint the blue Broadways will work perfectly. Because even with my 35% tint, I can see perfectly fine even @ night.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I would go with the convex. I bought a 270 flat mirror originally, but it did not make that much differance over the stock one. I upgraded to the 300 convex and it is awsome! I can see out both of my back windows through the mirror. The 270 convex works good to. The only problem that I have with the 300 is that the sun visors will hit it if you put them down. That did not happen with the 270. I never use them anyways, so the 300 is better for me.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Dont get 270 FLAT. I bought that and it didnt help with anything. It's basically the same viewing angle as the stock one. I gave that mirror to my father and i bought the convex 270 mm. I can see out my side rear windows in my sedan now. Everything in the mirror loooks farther away though

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have an 07 "non-tint" coupe and am using a blue convex 270mm broadway mirror. the mirror works much better than stock. i can see out all my back window and also in one of my blind spots (i still check the spot by turning my head when switching lanes). the blue version is nice cause you won't get blinded by truck lights directly behind you. i've never owned any other broadway mirror, but the blue convex 270mm is $20 well spent imo.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
overall you all 's opinions.
Size--270mm,since i have a coupe,so 300mm won't help me to see though both side rear windows.
Model--Convex!
Last thing is --- "blue tint" or "no tint" ???

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Size--270mm,since i have a coupe,so 300mm won't help me to see though both side rear windows.
Model--Convex!
Theres 3 types of "tint".

-There is "regular" which is SLIGHTLY darker than the stock mirror. ( I Have This )

-There is the type for dark tinted windows which makes everything a little brighter.

-And there is the blue tint. I've never seen the blue one but i can imagine that it's the same "darkness" as "regular" which is only slightly tinted... but darker than the stock mirror.

·
Registered
501 Posts
U guys are lucky! Convex mirrors make me dizzy for some reason. I just have the 270mm flat. It lets me see my passengers on the rear. ^^

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
i get really dizzy too!! i boughtt he 270 blue convex and exchanged it for the regular non-blue flat 270 the next day. then i put in my sub and that mofo rattled like crazy so i gave it to the girl

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Model--Convex!
I also have a coupe. I am able to see out both back windows. Well my driver side I have to move my eyes slightly to the left, but I can clearly see out both. If you dont use the sun visors I would go for the 300, I love mine!

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
we have a few phillipoino guys here at work and the all LOVE the GIGANTIC convex mirrors then are opsessed with them, they have them in every car. i see why i just dont like them myself. he told me it was from when he owned one of tghe ss busses, its so you can see everything thats going on cuz its easy yo run ppl over.

that and one of those laughing horns :D i love those things...

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I realized something today while playing around with my mirrors. The 270 convex is pretty much useless if you have your side mirrors set correctly.

What i can see in my right rear window thru my convex, i can see thru my side view mirror. EXACTLY THE SAME OBJECTS.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
haha nice

1 - 20 of 21 Posts