8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says, blue or white. i drive an R18 btw. i want blue so it matches with my dash but i want white cuz it matches with my dome and map lights. the reason why i dont have blue dome and map lights is cuz i can see a lot better with them than with blue lights.

·
Registered
212 Posts
you would be able to notice the blue a whole lot more.
i drive an black si sedan, i put in red courtesy lights behind the handles, cup holders, change pockets, and i'm getting ready to do red bars under the back seats and front seats, but i guess thats a little different.
the white would match the dome lights, true, but having blue would give it a more personalized look.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ that is true. i was thinking of blue as well. but its just the dome light. honestly, i like white cuz i can actually see stuff in my car but i like blue as well cuz it matches with my dash.

·
Registered
53 Posts
hey i know this threads kinda old but i used to have an old grand am before i got my civic and i had blue LED strips in the footwells and had a blue dome but i took the dome out cuz i was having problems with it (i had to make it myself cuz i couldnt find a cheap one with the right connection)... anyway the blue is very dark at night and is only for show so if you need to see, then dont do blue. if you do the white dome and blue foot lights then you wont be able to see them very well because the white over powers the blue
thats just my opinion from experience.
sorry if this is too late.

·
Registered
21 Posts
not to raise this thread from the dead TOO MUCH...

But I thought my experience as a professional photographer (and all around student of light) could offer this particular discussion.

White light is the brightest of all light color-casts.

If there is a blue and white light of the same intensity and strength... the white light will reveal more, but it will also be harder on your night vision.

So, with the understanding that courtesy lights (ambient lights) are designed to be turned on at night while you are driving.... WHITE IS THE WORST CHOICE.

Personalization is what it is.... but with red or blue LEDs, you can see around your car without too much damage to your night-adjusted eyeballs. White will just mess with your pupils, and if you need to see THAT BADLY... that's why the dome light is white.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts