8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to make the DRL lights light up blue. I know it runs at half voltage but i was browsing this site a while back and someone had a pic of their civic with blue drls. this must be done.....

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
The only picture i recall with blue DRLs was someone who had blue tinted bulbs and the picture showed the color of the bulb being reflected back in the housings

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
I have the blue tinted ones and the only reason that i do is because i got them from a guy at work... look cool when they are off but looks like crap when on.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
^^it's there. when you move your head and look at it straight on... you will see the blue since the bulb is blue. It reflects the crome and makes it blue. The flash doesn't really have anything to do with it.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I use to have those, there is a picture of mine on the site, it sometimes shows on the top of the page.. it is a GG one.. don't kow if you guys have seen it or not..

·
Registered
803 Posts
I put in the same thing; I like them in the summer I took out the DRL fuse so when you drive around you can see the blue. When lit they look white not yellow like factory.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Any blue coated 9005 bulb will do the same thing. Try look for those 9005 bulb in ebay label as Xenon bulb. Keep in mind, it just the reflection to make it look blue, it won't look blue when the bulb is on.

·
Banned
28 Posts
yeah i understand that. when i said drls i was refering to the bulbs. i looked around, and actually found some on the luminics website. the foglight/drls for the model are h11s btw. :) thanks though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts