8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 407 Posts

·
resident VINYL PIMP
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out my Gallery. Alot of people dont even know I have 3 pages worth of Civic Overlays :thumb:

Bat™

·
Registered
180 Posts
Wow, i didnt know you sold those door rest overlays either, might have to check 'em out. They look a little blue, can you also order them in other colors?

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
can i just state something....

i dont mean to bash, but i bought a set of the coupe long eyelids (2nd pair). they look very nice. but the vinyl is waayyy to flimsy, i am on my 2nd set now. ive had them professionally installed twice, and they still have issues with them because they are so thin and flimsy. mosty with air bubbles.

2nd. they let light through between the top of the light/overlay and the fender/hood. they were positioed exactally how theyre supposed to but they let the light through, may i suggest making the top of the eyelid confourm to the top of the headlights so light wont pass through?

·
Banned
18,909 Posts

i dont mean to bash, but i bought a set of the coupe long eyelids (2nd pair). they look very nice. but the vinyl is waayyy to flimsy, i am on my 2nd set now. ive had them professionally installed twice, and they still have issues with them because they are so thin and flimsy. mosty with air bubbles.

-could be the installation issue.
I had 2 set for myself and never had any issue with bubbles.
took really long time to install it.

2nd. they let light through between the top of the light/overlay and the fender/hood. they were positioed exactally how theyre supposed to but they let the light through, may i suggest making the top of the eyelid confourm to the top of the headlights so light wont pass through?

-do you have single layer or double?
if you have single, try double.

·
resident VINYL PIMP
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

They are designed to tuck in over the headlight, did your installer do that? Air bubbles are cuased by not getting all the moisture out underneath.

Bat™

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
yo blue batmobile i sent you an email a few days a go asking about the front lip overlay did you receive it?

·
resident VINYL PIMP
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
heres mine with 3/10 tint from bluebat...
They are a shade lighter then i wanted, but reasonably perfect. they take away from the bright red and dull it out a bit. wasnt hard to do either. the heat gun go the edges wrapped around the corner of the lights... overall i like it.
no problems thus far with police.
sorry no night pics as of yet.

·
resident VINYL PIMP
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have clear vinyl. You're actually the first person to inquire about it for the lip. Shoot me an email ;).

Bat™

1 - 20 of 407 Posts
About this Discussion
406 Replies
142 Participants
Blue Batmobile
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing