8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

321 - 340 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
i kno man but i someone said place a washer underneath the knob so it can sit lower and still line up....but how? :scratches:

·
Banned
4,622 Posts
he meant
1.remove the shift boot
2.install the washer
3.install the shift boot again
4.install the shift knob.

hoopefully it would look better that way, take :pics: when you do that!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
hmm u kno what i have no idea what gauge i would need to fit the shift-stick i guess haha....it ll just slide all the way down if its too big i think....

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
ok so i decided to get a little proactive with some tips u guys gave me about the washer and locknut swap to have the knob sit better with the boot....here are the picks and commentary.....and FYI Blox logo lines up perfectly as well :woot:
SORRY FOR OUT OF FOCUS PIX....BEST I COULD DO
i didnt kno what size washer i had cuz i just found a tray of old busted washers in the garage and just eyeballed each and every one of em....my grandpa lent me a tool to help u guys see how thick the washer should be since that would be the most important feature of the fitment for the knob...i must say i got really lucky when i found this one... it aint to wide and aint too small either....as u can see the washer is slightly wider than the nut but (u cant see it but trust me) the washer has a smaller diameter than the seat at the neck of the boot...so there is no nasty lookin budge u can see through boot....
i did manage to measure the washer using my 2nd grade math....the washer itself when holding it fingertip-fingertip was a clean 2cm across and the actual hole had about a 1cm diameter...i think the same width of the hole in the lock nut..if anyone knos what tool i had in the pix's and how the meausurements work please chime in to tell everyone....

the dial with the numbers/notches positioned "north-south", range from 0-24....this dial stopped at notch number two.... for this dial, it stopped at the second notch but really giving some good pressure on the washer it managed to get stretched to the third notch (not pixured)

the numbers/notches seated to the left of the first dial range up to 3+ whole numbers ,but is broken in increments of 4 notches (i's = notches) between each whole number so 1 i i i 2.... in the pix it is at 0 i .... so one notch after 0 (1/4 ?).....

anyways here are the pix....

in this pic i am pulling down as far as i can... vvvv

Before

After

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
U should tell everyone what size washer u used....
Yea maybe one day when I take it apart I will. I got it awhile ago when I purchased the "Monster knob" off ebay it comes with 2 different sizes. I used the small one and it just fit perfectly. It made the blox logo face properly :beer:

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
i must say i like the weight of the 490's still havnt had a chance to use it as i'm more :leghump: for my beaks rear tie bar right now to care about the neo chrome shift knob as much lol.

321 - 340 of 352 Posts