8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my turbo for my FA-5 and now im finishing up paying for the Clutch kit and I should be spoolin shortly... my question is which blow off valve should i buy for my car? HKS, Greddy RS, RFL? the possibilities are endless but clips and past experinces can help me out on my decision, oh and one facto to include money isnt a factor when it comes to my car... Thank you in advance to all of you who put in your 2 cents worth...

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Depends on teh sound you want. The Greddy BOV have weak springs in my opion. I had the Greddy on my kit and planned to upgrade the spring until I decided a different route. Everyone seems to like the symapse (spelling) BOV and teal is the best around in my opion. After I say that I will be putting on the Blitz BOV on my new kit.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
the HKS SSQV is really loud. However, if you want something that sounds like a "whoosh" of air instead of an annoying squeal then go for the TiAL 50mm BOV.

Personally... IF IT WAS MY CAR... i'd get the TiAL ...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Depends on teh sound you want. The Greddy BOV have weak springs in my opion. I had the Greddy on my kit and planned to upgrade the spring until I decided a different route. Everyone seems to like the symapse (spelling) BOV and teal is the best around in my opion. After I say that I will be putting on the Blitz BOV on my new kit.

Did you mean Tial? I know they are some of the best quality, but if you are going for sound...you might be disappointed. They are very quiet.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
Blue, is this one option for the problem with the AJP kit? With the MAF and an external BOV?
It is one option. You need a BOV that has the ability to recirculate back rather than venting to atmosphere. Other issues can be resolved by ditching the mini-filters and running hoses back to the intake after the MAF (that way the crankcase and valve on the intake manifold both receive metered air).

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
It is one option. You need a BOV that has the ability to recirculate back rather than venting to atmosphere. Other issues can be resolved by ditching the mini-filters and running hoses back to the intake after the MAF (that way the crankcase and valve on the intake manifold both receive metered air).
^any more info on the recirculation?

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Good to know :thumb:

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
what kit did you buy that didnt come with a bov?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
wait. You have a turbo in your si?

edit- ****..http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/forced-induction-nitrous/69259-another-one-bites-dust.html David you're now my best friend...Wanna give me a ride? hah

edit2- When you going to get it tuned? you going to GTmotoring? if so let me know maybe i'll hitch a ride ;)
Rofls. Glad I bought that now. I'm Lovin my parents. I remember when I made that thread "Did/Do your parents Suck!?" I take that thread back. My parents are kickass atm.

It'll be at least Spring before I get the install. I need to save up $500+ for install and get a quote on Tuning.

Jebus! I just found out my BOV Got in before the Turbo. I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow and post pix.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts