8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to build HID retro fogs. :dance:

I found on eBay the Blazer projectors.
on HIDPlanet they mention these fit an 880 bulb. What is an 880 HID kit? I've never heard of these numbers before (then again, I'm an HID n00b).
Any recommendations on where to buy this kit cheap?

On Customlightz web site they state: "We only work on OEM fog-lights, no exceptions."

Any good reason for this? I don't have fogs yet and K2Motors fogs look very appealing for the price. Whats the difference between these and OEM when retro-fitting?

Does any one sell the lexan fog lens pre-cut?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
ummm 880, is just a type of bulb. Nothing special and most vendors selling HID kit should have it available.

For the reason why Customlightz only want to work with OEM fog, I would guess they just don't want to deal with any differences. While the OEM and aftermarket fog may look similar, there are still some differences, they may already have templates for exactly where to cut the OEM fog.

Look into the for-sell section, sometimes peoples sell their cracked lens OEM fog at large discount, which is still prefect for retrofit. The catch will be you still need to buy the harness if you do not have a fog, but it should still a whole lot cheaper than buying a new OEM fog kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts