8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I have a 08 Si I picked up a few weeks ago and the car is in amazing condition aside from the fact that there are these white microscratches in the hood that look they were from a brush of some sort. They are only in the clear coat as far as I can tell but they are bugging me. I have a craftsman orbital buffer that I tried to use to remove the scratches but I can’t seem to get rid of them. Any advice?

·
Registered
873 Posts
That sounds like crows feet. The clear coat is failing. Nothing you can do other than repainting it. Google search Honda crows feet and compare the pics to your car. It is more common on the darker colors.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn that’s exactly what it looks like. Welp guess it’s time for a carbon fiber hood. Do you think it’s only on the hood because of the heat?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a paint issue myself and found out Honda had a recall on their paint for my 2008 Honda Civic Si. I suggest you visit your local dealer and have them check your Vin number and qualifications. For ex: original body work. They painted my whole car at no cost. All I can remember was they said it was a defect on the paint and clear coat. Good luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I called them yesterday to ask about the paint and to see if the airbag had been taken care of but they told me there was no warranty on the hood anymore. It expired in 2015

1 - 6 of 6 Posts