8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call today from my salesman. My car is on the boat and should be here some time next week. Can't wait. It's one of 2 Black SIs coming to the islands. Will post when its here. :thumb:

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
congrats on the call. I'm sure you're pumped to hear your car is on the way. Can't wait for the pics.

·
Registered
114 Posts
acetech808 said:
Just got a call today from my salesman. My car is on the boat and should be here some time next week. Can't wait. It's one of 2 Black SIs coming to the islands. Will post when its here. :thumb:
Please please please it's called a SHIP!!! Not boat!!! lol :party: :thumb:

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
acetech808 said:

Congrats! :thumb: I'd be like this: :hyper: Looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok the ship, should be here this weekend and unloaded. I'm still waiting and can't wait. 1st thing is window tint. Then maybe if I have any money left from my LAS trip I'll order the CAI.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it here. I finally got my car. Its been waiting for me about a week. My salesman told me the other sales guys were drooling over the car. Being that is was the only SI that came in. So I have the 1st Black SI on the island. The other one is still on sale at the other dealership. They have a bidding war going on on it., and started the bid @ 5k over invoice. I'm soooo happy mines finally here. After driving the car home, I found out I need to get used to the high dash and disappearing hood. Making it kind of hard to judge the front end. But its a fun car to drive and all it wants to do is go faster. The next thing I was doing 80. It was late when I bought it home and raining, so its clean the car and get it ready for tinting. Will post pics.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Yup, I got my Si last weekend, it was snowing when I was driving it home, so the roads were not great, but in when Iw as driving home, being use to driving a truck, accel was a lot slower, I've got to say that you are going faster than it seems and I hit 80 without paying much attention, while passing other cars, but wow. I have taken it past 4k a few times.... accidentally and purposefully, nothing big, but fun

·
Registered
172 Posts
2 goodthings..

Livin in HI and having an 06 si...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes thats so true. Actually it was a late Valentine's day gift. Picked her up on the night of the 14th. My deal was ok about 1500 over invoice. $23,500 out the door w/tax license. No options. Tint next week. Will update with pics. Aloha.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well got the windows tinted, waiting for the weather to clear up so I get some pics taken. It's so sweet to see a new clean car in the garage, and just a thought of taking it out in the rain, just to be cleaned up again later. She's a garage queen for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
acetech808 said:
Yes thats so true. Actually it was a late Valentine's day gift. Picked her up on the night of the 14th. My deal was ok about 1500 over invoice. $23,500 out the door w/tax license. No options. Tint next week. Will update with pics. Aloha.
I'm from Hilo, on the Big Island and I had placed an order for a black SI and went to see it today. Awesome car. They wanted $25,000......they didn't wanna negotiate but they did offer to tint the car for me =/ so I passed up the SI. I thought that they would have tried to get me a better deal....last year I placed an order for a 2dr Accord and 2 months after that they told me that the order wasn't gonna happen =( ohhhhhh well. but nonetheless, congrats on your car!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks d ainjo.
It might be be cheaper for you to go through a dealer her on Oahu and ship the car back.Anyways, The weather here sucks, only cloudy and rainy. I picked up the car at night from the dealership, and took it home. After a few days it didn't dawn on me that the color was pearl int he black paint. I've seen it only under flouresent lighting so the pearl really didn't show though. Not until I had the car out side in the sun for a while and noticed that it had a nice purpleish blue pearl. Still waiting for the weather to clear to get nice pics. Its been home 2 weeks and not much sun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was thinking about flying over to Oahu to check out the possibilities but I gotta find the time to do it. It's been raining like crazy over here too. At least there will be snow on the mountain!

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
damn...i got my 5sp auto ex for 23,000 at honda windward...and FOREALZ!!!!i dont see that much Si's in the island...from oahu.

·
Registered
122 Posts
sweet. :thumb: there's a 40something year old lady that drives a habanero red pearl si coupe. still has the paper plates. i got so damned jealous..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts