8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like an idiot I didn't think of the upkeep when I purchased my flat black Drag33's. My god I can detail and clean these like new and by the time I get home they look like I never even cleaned them! Anyone got any tricks here on how to keep these clean? Is there a special coating I can spray on them? Something, anything?

·
Registered
226 Posts
theres this wheel cleaner protector product frm armor all i think..it keeps the wheels clean..u can pour like a bucket of ***** on it and it jus slides off..

·
Registered
362 Posts
while doing some googling i basically came a conclusion that your best bet would be to use a brake dust cleaner/repellent and the other 3 options are using Mother's fx spray wax, a wheel cleaner from Eagle 1 , or just stick to the water and soap. and lastly do not use an waxes to clean them because i guess it leaves a residue on them

I would suggest becoming a member of a detailing car forum such as Mother's, meguires etc im sure there are others
heres the mothers one

How can you clean/detail a flat black painted wheels ? - Wax Forum

and another one i got off a different forum
Concours & Car Care - Rennlist Discussion Forums

let me know what works best as i too would have some matte black wheels in the future

·
Registered
515 Posts
I bought black rims too didnt pay much attention to them gettin dirty easy, soon as i wash them drive home there dirty again i hate it, ill more than likley never get black rims again they look legit but suck at lookin clean. I know theres not protective spray that helps a little get it at walmart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts