8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 09 Si and there is some black residue on my exhaust and was wondering what this is and how to prevent it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
P21S polishing soap to polish to high gloss P21S Metal Polishing Soap - 10.5 oz | Detailed Image

CG Metal wax to protect them- http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.ph...a-Fine-Metal-Polish-Protection-P193/16-oz-S1/

Or just the metal wax as it acts like a polish too (with protection)

The sulfer (black soot) wont stop as your engine needs to run, and part of that engine is pollution of the black stuff you see on exhausts. Its inevitable, but you can put a wax like CG to protect it and make removal much easier.

Good Luck ;)

·
Registered
503 Posts
awesome thanks!
Just letting you know there is a 15% off+ free shipping sale, but only over $75 :( So depending on how much you spend, its a great time to buy. If you dont take advantage of the sale, you can always just do the spend $50 or more and get (insert product name) coupon on the front page. And if all you want to do is buy an item then use 10offG35 for 10% off

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Just wash it like you wash the car and a little polish that you use on the car. It will come out just fine. IMO you don't need all that special metal cleaner and metal wax.

My Si is almost 2 years old and the tip looks showroom clean with the process I just mentioned to use.

Can you post pics of the black you are talking about? I am assuming you are talking about the carbon that comes out of the exhaust. If so, just use my process and you'll be TOP NOTCH...TOP NOTCH! (said the way Smells from Caddy Shack says it) hahaha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts