8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 sedan has a strange rattling noise while driving above around 35mph. Gets more noticeable on the highway. I've taken it to the dealer and a technician took a drive with me and just told me they'd have to take apart the entire inside to find it (he didn't check anything else, just rode once with me) which can take an entire day. They did "tighten the bolts" before he took the ride with me.

It seems to be coming from underneath though it's hard to pintpoint because it sounds like its coming from somewhere else from every seat. The technician thought it was from the dash, but if you sit in the rear seat, it sounds like it's clearly coming from underneath.
I think it started after I was parked on a steep hill and went in reverse. Though it could have been unrelated?

I've searched the forums and found it could be a muffler problem? Not sure. Any thoughts?

I've included a video with the noise at highway speeds:

Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone got any ideas? I'd like to tell them atleast something in terms of where to look so they dont rip my entire cabin up

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
ITS A MONSTER! It could be anything loose that is moving around when the car starts picking up speed, something small scrapping the ground, wires that are loose that are moving around from the wind, its endless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts