8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

That's my dyno sheet from when I had the SC installed. Looking at complex's and CTE's dyno graphs, those were very smooth and linear and mine had bumps at around 4 and 6k rpms.

Plus, my AFR is going all over the place. Bit of help and input is much appreciated. :help:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
The graph looks fine. Most others have used dynojet dynos which have line smoothing on them. It all looks good to me.

·
Registered
162 Posts

That's my dyno sheet from when I had the SC installed. Looking at complex's and CTE's dyno graphs, those were very smooth and linear and mine had bumps at around 4 and 6k rpms.

Plus, my AFR is going all over the place. Bit of help and input is much appreciated. :help:
AFR of 11-12.7 isn't that bad. 12.7 might be a little on the high side for a boosted car though. Just my 2cents hehe

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
The graph looks fine. Most others have used dynojet dynos which have line smoothing on them. It all looks good to me.
to me, that's b.s. you want to know how smooth your power delivery actually is ...the smoother that line 'really' is, the longer your motor is going to last. it seems like dishonest tuning.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
to me, that's b.s. you want to know how smooth your power delivery actually is ...the smoother that line 'really' is, the longer your motor is going to last. it seems like dishonest tuning.
Thanks for all the replies, been checking here regularly but due to the fact that I'm at work I can't really reply all the time.

First off:
No, it's not my only performance mod
I've got a vibrant header w/ cat + vibrant exhaust w/ resonator to complement
The 223Hp is, well, there. I don't know what else to say, the guy at Exelerate (plug: good 8th sponsor btw) said that was fine for a mustang dyno with the supporting mods.

Now, the problem I've been getting are DTCs, namely p0325, p1172, p2a00 heh. The 325 knock DTC's what's been bugging me the most. I was just wondering what everyone's take was about the dyno sheet and if it's normal.

As far as dishonest tuning, I really don't know how that'll come about. Hondata only makes 1 CTE SC tune right?

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
i dont know of anyone else getting codes... maybe something went wonky with your install?

im not sure how mustang dyno's read... but maybe they read low, i dont know.

as for the 'dishonest tuning' ... um, it doesnt matter what dyno sheet you look at. any car, any conditions, any tuning... if the line isnt 'smoothed' then it will be jumpy. thats just the way it is.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
i wonder if your throwing codes and leaning out a bit up top due to an in proper crushed FPR. thats usually where 99% of the problems with this kit arise. just something to look out for.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I dunno that 12.7 A/F is too lean for the CT kit.

and i doubt that the mustang dyno reads that low. 223 whp with a header? come on now.

Im leading towards the FPR as well. My A/F ratios are 10.5-11.6 and never even approach 12.

When i dyno'd with the stock header i made 230 whp. Now with my Vibrant w/ HFC it pull like a *****. If your FPR was pressed correctly you would be getting any CEL's either.

BTW your picture is not working.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts