8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, somehow (im asuming at a stop light), a plastic bag flew under my car and stuck to the catalytic converter. Needless to say i didnt realize it until I got to my destination and when i got out of the car something smelt like it was burning. So i looked under the car and this is what i saw:

http://www.geocities.com/crazysk8r831/car2.BMP

thats whats left of the plastic bag melting to my cat. I removed as much as possible but i have no idea how to get the rest off. Anytime the car is running you can smell it burning (if you're outside). It smells terrible by the way. Also while i was under there, I noticed this:

http://www.geocities.com/crazysk8r831/car1.BMP

Is that normal? I mean i can pull parts of it off. It looks like if the bottom of the side skirts were melting(dripping).

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.
The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later.

Are you the site owner? Avoid service interruptions in the future by increasing your data transfer limit! Find out how.

Learn more about data transfer.

^thats what I get when i look at the links. Use tiny pic or something...

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
duston831 said:
Is that normal? I mean i can pull parts of it off. It looks like if the bottom of the side skirts were melting(dripping).
I know what you're talking about here without seeing the pics.

There's another thread around here that discusses this "drippy" stuff, I think. It's normal. It's some sort of thing they spray on the undercarriage.

·
Registered
152 Posts
geocities should be okay...just make your pics jpg or gif and not bmp.
bmps are HUGE.
but yea, photobucket or myspace will do also, lol.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Hey man just tough it out for ahwhile... It will eventually burn itself all off I promise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts