8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I washed my car and all's well, then last night spend about 2 hours on the freeway. I got home, slept, nothing seemed out of place.
But then this morning I get to work, go to grab my stuff from my trunk, and there it is: a big nasty scratch. A horrible white line in my clean nhbp paint.

So I don't see this being in a place where debris from the road could have caught it. Do you think? My mind went straight to keyed. It's decently deep (you can see where I prayed it would rub off, with the smear from licking my thumb and wiping), and the top and bottom of the scratch had much less pressure compared to most of it.

I donno.... what do you think? Was I keyed in the middle of the night? Is there any way this thing can be buffed out? Would touch-up paint do the trick maybe? I'm freaking out here! :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
run your nail across the scratch and see if it catches. if it does then that means it's most likely not going to be buffed out and may need to be repainted. i dunno about the touch up paint sorry this happened to you.

·
Registered
258 Posts
if you say its deep then it probably needs to be painted. I've seen people work wonders using touch up paint and a repair kit. Duplicolor has a good tutorial on their website. and you can either go to honda or paintscratch.com for some paint, just make sure you get the correct color code from your car.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
If you see the white, you'll need the car repainted. If you see paint chip- it can be touched up. That's deep bro, and it'll cost you $400-900 for that area. My car was key'd before and it was just from my side mirror to my door handle and it costed me $2,000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.