8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Big Red Detailing #1 Fan
36,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Red aka JMP09FG2 detailed the G for the first time today and words cannot explain how happy I am with how it turned out.He made the plane look better then it ever did while I had it when he detailed it back in April last year and he did the same today to the G.I might have bought it used but I am 100% it didnt look as good as it does right now.Pictures do not do it justice

THANKS Big Red :bighug:

Hood Before

Roof Before

Trunk Before

Hood before under halogen light

The Plane when he did it while with Hill City Auto Detail

Before

A side by side comparison

After

·
Dirt Nasty Low
25,038 Posts
Jon Y U NO take pictures of Tropicana detail?!

I rep for Big Red as well. Hell of a detailer and awesome dude to work with.

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
Jon Y U NO take pictures of Tropicana detail?!

I rep for Big Red as well. Hell of a detailer and awesome dude to work with.
Well I was on a bit of a time crunch, and I wasn't feeling 100% that day. Bring her back down for her summer coat and I'll get plenty of pictures!

·
Registered
11,242 Posts

·
Dirt Nasty Low
25,038 Posts
Not feeling well that morning = too many beer farts in the garage during the correction :rotfl:

You do deserve it dude. You do great work.

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
Looks great Will. Awesome job Jon, what compounds did you use for paint correction?
I actually lucked out with this one. One panel had been completely repainted and I'm guessing there was another detailer (whether at the dealership or private) that had worked on this. Paint wasn't in terrible condition and was very easy to work with. For the "tops" (hood, roof, trunk lid) I used a Meguiar's microfiber cutting pad and Meguiar's D300 and then for everything else I used a cyan hydro-tech pad and D300. Didn't get 100% correction due to a few VERY deep RIDS, but I can count the number of those on one hand ;)

·
Dirt Nasty Low
25,038 Posts
:eyebrows:

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
5 inch megs pad 6 inch hydro tech. My griot's can handle the big meaty pad without a problem, but the pad can't be worked for too long or its start to form a heat dimple right in the middle.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts