Vibrant race header with high flow cat
And vibrant race header without cat...

Same gains? different noise?
etc....
let me knw asap...only thing holding me back from buying.... =\

·
Registered
406 Posts
Is this suppose to be written like a poem or what?
Difference is obviously that one has a catalytic converter and one doesn't. I believe if you do a little searching you can find the power differences (the cat-less one does make more power, and will be a little louder). The only reason to get a cat on it is if you live somewhere that requires CARB emission testing such as California though.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh i live in cali... i never had to get my CARB EMission or is that cuz i have a new car? i think ur talking about smog check right after owning a car for more than 5 yearS? old or w.e.?

·
Registered
406 Posts
oh i live in cali... i never had to get my CARB EMission or is that cuz i have a new car? i think ur talking about smog check right after owning a car for more than 5 yearS? old or w.e.?
Yeah, I'm not sure I don't live there so I dunno. That is a question for all of the California folk. :wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea... cuz this my second car... first car was a 4door civic lx... .2008... but then i got another car that is a 2009 honda civic si 2 door... so yeah =\

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
ya and u have to watch out for those dreaded roadside random smog test centers lol.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no way they have those? ive never seen one before? where in cali do u live ii live in bakersfield ca mid of la and san fan,

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I think that due was joking.

The HFC version doesn't meet OBD2 requirements for a catalytic converter anyhow, so if you're forced to choose between those two, I'd probably just for the the cat-less, or get a random technology cat and CT-E shorty header to keep it street legal.

I have a cat-less version right now and I'm happy with it. Living in Cali, I'd be a little worried about meeting emissions requirements, but to each their own.

·
Registered
894 Posts
save up a little more and get the Skunk2 RH, without cat of course, there are MANY people here in cali that have no cats, this does not apply to civic only either. But if you want to stay smog legal, get a cat.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
no way they have those? ive never seen one before? where in cali do u live ii live in bakersfield ca mid of la and san fan,
i dont live in cali but i've heard of a few complaints about them.

SmogTips.com - Roadside Smog Check Checkpoints. Roadside Emission Testing. Remote Smog Test Sensing Devices capture your vehicle's emissions exhaust as you drive on California roadways. Roadside smog testing. Roadside smog test check point. Determini

http://www.epa.gov/oms/regs/im/roadside.pdf

idk how many there are or anything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.