8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Wilwood kit came in today while I was at work. I got absoutly huge calipers. I know these WILL NOT help stopping distance's, I got them for HEAT dissipation as I DO ALOT of track driving with my car. I have numerous sets of PADS, and a couple of sets of rotors so No need to repremand me :

Distance test to come with same tires compared to stock brakes ;) No shinaigans by me..I want to know what I have gotten or not gotten..

·
Registered
601 Posts
what kind of wheel would fit on that? i ordered the brembo kit and i havent decided on the wheel yet. btw have you heard of any progress on my coilovers from chris? just curious

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
JESUS H CHRIST MAN!!!

thats gigantic, its big enough to... get intimate with...:leghump::leghump::leghump:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
holy crap thats huge !!!
they will eat your stokers alive, get a pick of them next to the stock ones !!!?

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
that's mighty big (not what she said :biggrin:)

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kind of wheel would fit on that? i ordered the brembo kit and i havent decided on the wheel yet. btw have you heard of any progress on my coilovers from chris? just curious
I am going to be running Team Dynamics Wheels...No word on your Coilovers yet :D Its pretty soon though too, Koni take TIME to make a custom set of Dampers ;)

·
Registered
799 Posts
So my Wilwood kit came in today while I was at work. I got absoutly huge calipers. I know these WILL NOT help stopping distance's, I got them for HEAT dissipation as I DO ALOT of track driving with my car. I have numerous sets of PADS, and a couple of sets of rotors so No need to repremand me :
Distance test to come with same tires compared to stock brakes ;) No shinaigans by me..I want to know what I have gotten or not gotten..
Was that directed at me and my ranting :laughing:

No comments for me as you are doing it for the right reasons :thumb:

Moose

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I am going to be running Team Dynamics Wheels...No word on your Coilovers yet :D Its pretty soon though too, Koni take TIME to make a custom set of Dampers ;)
You're the only person (other than myself) on this site that has even mentioned Team Dynamic wheels. Which ones did you get, and what size? What is your overall opinion of Team Dynamics quality? I'm thinking about getting some in 6 months or so.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No why Moose did you offend me at some point :D

TD wheels are Great this is my second set...There a real race wheel used widley in Europe..there fairly light and inexpensive so I can get multiple sets for the car :D

·
Registered
799 Posts
You're the only person (other than myself) on this site that has even mentioned Team Dynamic wheels. Which ones did you get, and what size? What is your overall opinion of Team Dynamics quality? I'm thinking about getting some in 6 months or so.
Team Dynamics Rock .... Really nice build quality, reasonable price for the weight and strength, lots of size/offset/width options. Damn they still make 14" rims ... for the "old-school" guys.

These are like the Kosei K1's of this era.

These have been installed on a bunch of track cars belonging to friends of mine ... all with no issues or complaints

Moose

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
so that's a 4 piston caliper...? and I't doesnt' improve stopping distances at all?> I'd hardly disbelieve that one without the evidence.

OEM HFP Brakes shorten by a just over 15% and are about 30% cooler than stock. And that's just rotors and pads bro...

·
Registered
649 Posts
OEM HFP Brakes shorten by a just over 15% and are about 30% cooler than stock. And that's just rotors and pads bro...
...what brochure did you get that info. out of? :smile:

stopping distances are largely inhibited by the tire's ability to bite.

a bit bonus gained from BBK's is the fact that they can take larger amounts of abuse for an extended period of time compared to stock.

with HighRev, while on track tires, I would say it to be very possible that his new brakes can warrant shorter stopping distances compared to stock; this taking into consideration that the stock brakes would have a harder time overloading the available traction provided by that type of tire.

of course, i also wonder about brake bias and am very curious on how his kit will alter the stock bias.

there are pretty reputable tests (been posted in other threads) that BBK's can offer shorter braking distances, especially depending on how good/bad the stock brakes were, and more than that, how well they keep on being able to brake after quick repeated heavy usage.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Is that a two-piece rotor there? :biggrin: I've always wanted a two-piece rotor, but I'll flatly admit it'd be to show off more than to shave weight. Don't think I'd ever track enough to warrant such an upgrade.

Also, how would a big caliper help heat dissipation? Does that mean it has a huge enough gap between the rotor and pad so that heat dissipates better? Or is it to help heat dissipate when the thing's parked (kinda like not putting your ebrake up after a hard run? =P). I've always thought bigger calipers were just for more piston pressure, or more evenly distributed pressure due to having more pistons.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I would think the better dissipation would be because of the pads and discs.

Still, what BBK would offer awesome tracking ability and better stopping distances (esp. for dd) over stock given the same variables (awesome tires/light wheels)?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you want more information about Brakes click here...
Team scR

With that outta the way. I saftey wired my rotors and locktitted them together as they are in fact 2 piece rotors. This is the part many never see...The rear rotor surface...

Here is my absoutly horrid wiring job :( I suck at this sort of thing. But I did get the job done :D

Here are the tools needed to do such a thing. Saftey wire, Locktitie, and a regular set of pliers could be used but I have these specialty ones as I have done this a time or two before :D More to come...Including install and testing..

·
Banned
6 Posts
If you want more information about Brakes click here...
Team scR

With that outta the way. I saftey wired my rotors and locktitted them together as they are in fact 2 piece rotors. This is the part many never see...The rear rotor surface...
sorry but what is the purpose/reason for the wired??:confused:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts