8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys my next mod will be a big brake kit and i was debating wether to get project mu, rotora, or spoon. i have an fa5 and dont know much info about it. i was wondering if anyone had any info about it and about how much it cost. any feedback will be great. sry if this has been posted before.

david

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
not to be an ass...but do you really need it...the brakes on the si are pretty good right from the factory...instead of spending lots on one of these try upgrading to powerslot rotors...definite improvement...1/3 of the cost.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Agreed. If your not going to racing the Si competively or planning to add a lot more power to your car then a BBK is overkill. But if you want it for the bling factor then by all means just get the Brembo BBK. Money statement right there.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea im getting the bbk for the show. not really the performance. i baby my car. the bbk is just to show that i got it and you dont. so can you guys answer any of my questions?

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
If you spend the money on a BBK, and don't use it, and I don't spend the money on it at all, who comes out on top with the statement "I have it and you don't". The person who spent the money, or the person who didn't, considering they both don't use the BBK? :eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
If you do anything to the brakes, get stainless steel lines. They make a huge improvment in pedal pressure over stock. When people say BBK, i think of mustangs, so Id go Rotora or Brembo.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
You have to look at the opportunity cost of getting a BBK (Taking economics now, and it makes perfect sense). The opportunity cost of getting a BBK is the things you didn't get instead with the money. So whatever else the money can be spent for (wheels, body kit, performance upgrades, other bling) may very well be a better value than the BBK in terms of looks for the $ spent.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Exactly, if your not going to be tracking the car, you don't need a BBK. You said you wanted it for looks and I'm saying the money could be better spent elseware for looks or spent on performance upgrades that you will use.

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
Your options are ROTORA, Brembo, and Stoptech also has something coming out too. ROTORA has 1 or 2 pc setups 13" or 14". Brembo has a 2 pc 13" and probably the same for Stoptech. If you just want it for show get the ROTORA 1 pc kit. It's the least expensive one and it still comes with a 13" disc with 4 piston calipers, H2 ceramic pads, and SS brake lines for the front. You can PM me for pricing.

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
Your options are ROTORA, Brembo, and Stoptech also has something coming out too. ROTORA has 1 or 2 pc setups 13" or 14". Brembo has a 2 pc 13" and probably the same for Stoptech. If you just want it for show get the ROTORA 1 pc kit. It's the least expensive one and it still comes with a 13" disc with 4 piston calipers, H2 ceramic pads, and SS brake lines for the front. You can PM me for pricing.
Do you happen to know when the Stoptech setup will be released? Hopefully they will offer a front and rear setup.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.