8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving home yesterday normally (i.e. 48 mph in 5th gear, about 3k rpm). Then outta NOWHERE I hear this REALLY LOUD BANG and im like :eek:mg: i thought something happened. the car is still driving. i pull over and look underneath, nothing leaking. i look on top of the car. there was some brownish liquid on top of it, so i figured somebody threw a container of coke at my car while driving. no dents.

i just want to get everyone's thoughts that it had to been the projectile that hit my car and causing it to make that big bang, rather than from the engine. it was a pretty big bang. i bought my Si exactly 3 months ago and has 6k miles on it now. this morning i drove her alot, no weird noises, experiences, etc.

anybody else experience a big bang noise or do u guys think it had to been that object?

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
How do you know it was Coke? Did you taste it? Could easily have been Pepsi...or store brand "pop".

·
Registered
522 Posts
jasonandre said:
How do you know it was Coke? Did you taste it? Could easily have been Pepsi...or store brand "pop".
....mysterious BROWN liquid???
DONT TASTE it could be diarrhea! :laughing:

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Most likely it was just the spit cup the guy threw out of his vehicle. Pretty rude though.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just want to get everyone's thoughts that it had to been the projectile that hit my car and causing it to make that big bang, rather than from the engine. it was a pretty big bang. i bought my Si exactly 3 months ago and has 6k miles on it now. this morning i drove her alot, no weird noises, experiences, etc.

anybody else experience a big bang noise or do u guys think it had to been that object?

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
^^^ repped

mines for 4 months.... 10k

OP: I heard a loud band the other day.... left side of the car. Maybe it a debris from the road or sumthing....but my tyre caps came out...the place where u fill air in.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i guess im just paranoid. on top of errands i had to run today, i basically drove my car around to make sure everything was in check. filled up yesterday and now only have maybe a little over a quarter of a tank left.

and to double check, i VTECed for the very first time today with my Si. i must say, WOW haha.

as far as the mileage goes, what can i say? it's an Si and i LOVE driving it.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
one month...one thousand miles...i thought that was TOO much...still kinda feel bad about all that driving. 1000 is a big number...:vtec:

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
/\ pretty much, what's the national averige, 12k or 15k?

I drive 70 miles a day for work plus weekend driving and trips so I've got 13k on my car in 5 months.

I've never heard a bang from my car. Only wheel hop once or twice when my tires spun in the rain.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^must have been the projectile then. i mean my car runs great - no clunks, no rattles, no abnormal engine noise, no grinds, etc. so everything is fine.

man, what kinda **** would just throw shiet at other ppl while driving?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts