8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, just passed 7500k on my 07 si sedan...was debating whether or not to bring it in for its shceduled service...everything is routine and i can do it myself..but then i noticed the "Install BG service kit"..can anyone tell me what that is and if its something i have to/should bring the car in for?

·
Registered
94 Posts
bg is nothing but overpriced additives that honda does not reccomend it just boosts dealer service dept profits

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I bring my car in for its routine oil changes and service when its recommended with the hopes that when warranty claims come up I can bring my car to them and they will see that I am a loyal customer and may be more inclined to help out. I could easily change my own oil and rotate my own tires, but I also think it helps when possibly selling your car or trading it in to have proof of dealership/ professionally serviced vehicle.

I brought my car in for its 10,000 mile service and oil change a couple moths ago.

BTW what does BG stand for? I've been up since 4:00 this morning so maybe I'm just missing something, haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts