8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the PIAA headlight bulbs... what is basically the best bang for the buck: great visibility and long lasting?

I don't want to put in whole new lights, preferably just the bulbs. I'm mainly looking for good low beams since much of my driving is urban/suburban.

08 LX Civic

·
Registered
760 Posts
I like both Luminics & Nokya bulbs, both can be found on ebay. Have you considered HID's? DDMTuning.com has a set for $30 which is roughly what new bulbs will cost.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like both Luminics & Nokya bulbs, both can be found on ebay. Have you considered HID's? DDMTuning.com has a set for $30 which is roughly what new bulbs will cost.
Are the kits easy to install? And how are they reliability wise? Can I expect several years of use or much, much less?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Are the kits easy to install? And how are they reliability wise? Can I expect several years of use or much, much less?
They are as easy as installing new bulbs. I can't speak for DDMtuning myself because i use a XenonDepot kit. But all i did was zip tie the ballasts and install new bulbs. They been good to me for the 6 months i've owned them. There is a thread about the DDM kits in the lighting section. For the most part HID kit bulbs should last you 2-3 years. The ddmtuning.com offers lifetime warranty on all other parts. Hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts