8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
theres this show going on this sat called StreetWarrior this weekend at our track here in VA... and i wanted to get a time on the si... but its mostly stock... stage2flywheel&clutch,exhaust..lol... but i figured id try it out haha... what would be the best way to launch it since i suffer from the ever so popular slow throttle responce thanks to the DBW ..... any ideas wud be great..
any shifting help also?

thanks!

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
To find the best way is to do some trial and error. Everyone is different when they're launching. There's some people who bumps off the rev limiter (5500 rpms when car is not in motion), there's some who launch at 4K. It really depends on you.

What kind of tires you're planning on running?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tires

ya tires on the civic are brand new...like maybe 3 weeks old lol..and i havent really driven it too much... like driven at all... i been driving my other car ... thanks for the help!:thumb:

·
Registered
61 Posts
put a remote rocket on your car! and ejector seats incase the rocket don't stop on your first corner. lol

sorry about this comment but i was bored it's 4 in the morning....by the way if you want better time tune the crap out of it...for every penny you spend you get a penny worth for time...seriously if you are fast launch don't change too much.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I ran my car so many times at the local 1/8 to see. With launching lower, say 3.5, i was running 9.5. All i have is intake/exhaust, stock tires, 3k miles on car. After launching at 5.5 (bouncing off limiter) and finally getting it right, i ran a 9.2 (always powershifting). Not bad for a pretty much stock car..

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I bounced off the Rev limiter....slipped the clutch...and ran a 15.3 MISSING 4th gear at 89mph on a STOCK Si...I ran the same time with a horrible launch so that should've been a 15.0...The higher you launch and slip the clutch...the less you'll have to wait to "pop" vtaakkkk :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.