8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate it when my car is parked out in the sun for a long time and then when I drive it again the shift knob is hot as hell. What do you guys do to keep it from getting really hot?

·
Registered
517 Posts
wat bout just putting a lil cloth over it or something relatively small to keep the sunrays off it?

Or.... :yeahthat: lol

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I use three methods all at once.

1. Use the sun-shade.
2. Use an old pipe glove to cover the knob.
3. Open the window a crack and sunroof as well on the vent position

And it still gets hot! Well, I have a large 2 pound metal shifter knob, so I guess it just heats up and retains it moreso than normal....

I also park in the shade when I can!

·
Registered
542 Posts
be a man get the shift pattern burnt in your hand.

j/k

A sock works, a different shift knob, the knob sock.
Also window tinting works well the ceramic tint I believe it is can reduce a lot of the heat.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Izzy said:
I use three methods all at once.

1. Use the sun-shade.
2. Use an old pipe glove to cover the knob.
3. Open the window a crack and sunroof as well on the vent position

And it still gets hot! Well, I have a large 2 pound metal shifter knob, so I guess it just heats up and retains it moreso than normal....

I also park in the shade when I can!
I don't think you should leave the sunroof cracked since the sun shade isn't blocking the sun from shining directly DOWN into your car :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
SIchodelic said:
I don't think you should leave the sunroof cracked since the sun shade isn't blocking the sun from shining directly DOWN into your car :eek:hnoes:
I open it enough to vent out hot air, and the sliding moon roof section is still closed almost all the way -- just enough for air to let out... :thumb:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts