8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well I have probably used almost every product on the shelf at local stores. From quick spray waxes to zymol.

Zymol is awesome but was hard to get off and with good results without a buffer.

I was recently given the black box by turtle wax from a friend, and I liked the results but took way to long. I do still use the pre wax cleaner though. It does fill in the very minor scratches very nicely.

tonight I just picked up the gold class. I'm pretty excited to try it since i've heard great reviews about it. Its supposed to rain the next like 4 days here so it will be a little while.

After reading this thread I know I don't take the time to wash, clay, wash, seal, wax or however many sets that is. I just wash, dry throughly (no water marks), clean with pre cleaner or detailer spray, and wax. My cars that are as old as 16 years old now, look damn good still. Most people don't believe me my miata is a 95. Looks brand new. I wash them inside and out weekly if they need it or not. I also, wax them accordingly. Usually every 3 months. I use detailer spray in between waxes just to keep things extra protected.

·
Registered
307 Posts
After reading this thread I know I don't take the time to wash, clay, wash, seal, wax or however many sets that is. I just wash, dry throughly (no water marks), clean with pre cleaner or detailer spray, and wax. My cars that are as old as 16 years old now, look damn good still. Most people don't believe me my miata is a 95. Looks brand new. I wash them inside and out weekly if they need it or not. I also, wax them accordingly. Usually every 3 months. I use detailer spray in between waxes just to keep things extra protected.
Do a proper claying followed by a sealant and wax, and you can sit back and relax and just wash the cars periodically for the next 9 months. I know it sounds like a ton of work, but the payoff is quite rewarding. Give it a shot on that miata. You'll be thrilled with the results when you're done and run your hand across the super smooth surface and think that you wont have to wax it again for another 6-12 months.

wax is wax imo, they all make your car shine.
To some extent, yes. Some are better than others, but ultimately, everyone has their own preference/favorite. I, personally, love the durability of Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax.

Chaos Dimention: Looks great!

:driving:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Wax is the right solution when you want depth or clarity. It's not a great protectant and wears out fast. On light metallic colors, wax adds very little.

Sealants are best for protection and as a base layer under wax even on dark colors. Look for wolfgang's products on autogeek.net

I have a stash of klasse sealant glaze that I'm still working through. A properly applied coat of it is like iron (or, well, like a solid sheet of acrylic on top of your paint). Easy to go 6 months between coats, even 9 months when properly applied, with full weather exposure. And that stuff is 30 years old.

·
Registered
877 Posts
A coat of a top notch sealant, 24 hours to cure, and then a coat (or 3) of a top-notch wax will give you a year's worth of protection, outstanding shine, etc.

It'll take 8 hours to do - but once a year.

·
Registered
572 Posts
A coat of a top notch sealant, 24 hours to cure, and then a coat (or 3) of a top-notch wax will give you a year's worth of protection, outstanding shine, etc.

It'll take 8 hours to do - but once a year.
that what i use a sealant. left it on for a full day, then wax. very slippery..:)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just curious if anyone has tried this or what they think of it. And I confused as to weither it comes comes with everything I need to truely give my car a good wax.

Buy Turtlewax Black Box™ Kit T3KT at Advance Auto Parts
I used it on a few black cars. The end result looks good but dont last long at all and it takes all day to do one car. I had awesome results with meguiars ultimate. Which is about the same price. Beads awesome and takes about 30 mins for an entire car.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I may get flamed for this but i like Nu Finish it works well, the shine is decent, the water beads up nicely, easy to put on, and isn't expensive

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've used just about everything. Best wax I've used, hands down, is straight up Gold Class Maguires. The car just looks dripping wet afterwords and goes on and comes off with no effort.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Personally the best I have used by far is Maguires Ultimate Wax. The stuff is amazing. After using the Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish, it feels like butter! And shines amazingly!

·
Registered
2 Posts
according to my research and usage of wax. the best wax in 2020 are might be hybrid spray wax with sealant. i found them long lasting like 4-5 months and shiny as well. i found yourautomaster.com is very valuable so i share with you. you have share your experience which is also guidance for me.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts