8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I was just wondering what some of ya's use for wax. Or whats the best wax to use? I use NuFinish and Ice paste(made by turtle wax).

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
For the money and availability i'd have to agree with Geezer. Zymol is best if used with a buffer, by hand you just wont get the same results as you do with a buffer, and not a pepboys or canadain tire version, you need a real one like a porter cable. Knowing how to use it makes a difference aswell

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
Menzerna Powerlock is a sealant and is the BEST last step I have EVER used. Goes on easy with a very small amount of product being used for an entire car, comes off like nothing you've ever seen before, durability is insane, and the looks are just incredible. Here are a few cars I've done and applied it to....

S550

Beautiful blue legacy

Denali Quadrasteer

Of course, all of these were full compound/polish outs and have time ranging from 16-48 hours invested into them so you might see a different result, but this stuff is just AMAZING!!!!!

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
I use zaino. I've gotten really good results with it and it lasts a LONG time. It's a sealant not a wax but if you do the proper procedure before applying it, you can simply "maintain" it by re-applying once or twice a year.

I guess there are a few other sealants out now that are "better" and probably easier to use but I don't have experience with them yet. I went to the zaino website and bought a kit for like $85:

Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit: Zaino Store

I have used it SO MANY TIMES and still have a TON of product left. Probably 3/4 bottle of the z-5 and 1/2 bottle of z-2. I honestly think it may go bad before I get a chance to use it all.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Dodo juice super natural.

My fiji actually looks different then most those due to the way I prep the paint.

I seal it with a sealer then top with DODO Juice Blue Velvet, followed by DODO Juice Purple Haze, then followed by a coat of DODO Juice Supernatural

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
^^ That's HELLA expensive on a freakin civic lol

I've tended to just stick with Meguiar's even though I'm sure there are better waxes/sealants out there. Will certainly be trying their new Ultimate Wax once it comes out sometime in January.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Zymōl, though lately I've really enjoyed Blackfire Wet Diamond toped with Midnight Sun on my nbp.
It all depends on color of the car.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have used wolfgang fuzion, p21, and pinnacle souveran. I like the pinnacle the best. It's a real warm, glossy glow. Their crystal mist is an awesome in between wax detail spray as well.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Pictures will NEVER show differences between waxes so please do not be fooled by some reviews where the people use DSLR cameras and adjust some settings.

As for the best wax, well looks are in the eye of the beholder, I can put a $2000 wax beside a $50 wax and you will not tell a difference on swirl free paint.

The key to making your car look its best is in the polishing stage, to get the most light reflecting off the surface is much easier and cost effective by using a polish, rather than a wax which adds very little to the existing paint.

If you want the best in paint protection after you polished to perfection you want a sealant, of which my favorites are Blackfire Wet Diamond, Menzerna Power Lock and Collinite Insulator Wax 845. All of them are very durable and look fantastic. And under $30 each.

Let me know if you have any further questions :D

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Pictures will NEVER show differences between waxes so please do not be fooled by some reviews where the people use DSLR cameras and adjust some settings.

As for the best wax, well looks are in the eye of the beholder, I can put a $2000 wax beside a $50 wax and you will not tell a difference on swirl free paint.

The key to making your car look its best is in the polishing stage, to get the most light reflecting off the surface is much easier and cost effective by using a polish, rather than a wax which adds very little to the existing paint.

If you want the best in paint protection after you polished to perfection you want a sealant, of which my favorites are Blackfire Wet Diamond, Menzerna Power Lock and Collinite Insulator Wax 845. All of them are very durable and look fantastic. And under $30 each.

Let me know if you have any further questions :D
Yep! Only you can decide which wax is going to be the best for you. At the end of the day they will all look good one a well prepped panel. It simply comes down to cost, ease of use, and durability. Subtle difference may been seen by some in certain lighting conditions, but often it's more the mind tricking you into thinking you are seeing a difference. Also keep in mind that with most cars today you are waxing the clear coat, and not necessarily the color itself like single stage paint....just a little food for thought. ;)

The waxes/sealants Luke listed all get my nod of approval. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I like Collinite 845. I use it on my boat and get an entire boating season out of it. I also use it on all my vehicles.

·
Registered
921 Posts
man ive been using meguiars cleaner wax since forever. On my twilight blue G35 (a REALLY DARK BLUE) and i get an almost mirror finish. Havent done it on my SI yet. i only wax every 3 months. Got the SI in dec, so will be waxing it next month.

Last pic of the G i took right after a wax on a 4.0MP point and shoot camera. Taken Oct 2009. Car is an 04' G35 bought brand new in November 2004. Seen its days of salt/sand as well.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts