8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
wheel cleaner, i just use car wash and water.

best tire cleaner...use a stiff brush with it and scrub

and i use this tire spray. but i wont spray it directly on the tire, i use an old rag and spray it on that, then wipe it on the tire. direct spray gets all over rims and when you drive the extra will get thrown all over the paint.

·
Registered
58 Posts
For wheels, I use a degreaser or brake cleaner to make it slowly come off as I am washing the car. I also wash wheels and bottom of the car last as a rule of thumb with me. I do it because I do not want the water to get dirty from all the crap until I am almost done.

Makes wiping the wheels down pretty easy.

On the tires I use Wet & Shine, I think.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
You should do bottom of car and wheels first so dirt doesn't splash onto your clean car when you wash them off. Use two buckets or rinse one out after doing the wheels.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Cr8tive_leo said:
I really love the Meguiars Endurance tire shine, it's a gel with an applicator, and it lasts a long time, smells awesome (like all Meguiars products) and stands up to a few washes . And it doesn't leave your tires brown like some other manufacturers products... (Koffarmourall)
yep thats the stuff!! get it

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
Agnt004 said:
You should do bottom of car and wheels first so dirt doesn't splash onto your clean car when you wash them off. Use two buckets or rinse one out after doing the wheels.

M'eh, do the wheels last, just incase you forget to change your bucket water and wash your car with dirty wheels schmeck and a dirty wash mit.

This way too, if you use degreaser/washer stuff, spray your wheels first, as you wash the wheel cleaner has time to fully activate and work it's way through the dirt and grime.

Each person will have their methods. I take the wheels off every other wash to do a nice scrubbing all around them, get all the nooks and crannies you normally don't get behinf the wheels.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Agnt004 said:
Yeah, that's the way I do it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
usually i'd use shinning monkey, but black magic titanium tire wet gel has been good to me
for best results i throughly clean the tire and make sure it's completly dry, then i'll apply and have it sit over night, no issues with excess sling or spill if applied correctly and it never messes up my taffy white :thumb:

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
remz857 said:
how about you go to your local auto zone or pep boys and ask a worker....... They're there to help!
lol. because pep boys /autozone workers know everything about anything, especially detailing.
/end sarcasm

there i sno way i would trust a person that sells LED exhaust tips to tell me whats best for my car. lol

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Avoid chemical wheel cleaners. Use water and your favorite car was only and use a bucket for wheels only in your wash routine.

Use soap and water on tires as well.

Most wheels are painted and should be treated just like the paint on your car...wash with soap and water, dry and wax regularly for beauty and protection. A synthetic wax will hold up to heat better on wheels and will make cleaning a snap as dirt and grime will be less likely to stain a waxed surface.

Any tire shine will do the job. Most of them are too glossy for me to you can dilute with water for a more matte finish (new look as opposed to shiney look). Apply and remove excess to avoid being flung onto the body.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I really love the Meguiars Endurance tire shine, it's a gel with an applicator, and it lasts a long time, smells awesome (like all Meguiars products) and stands up to a few washes . And it doesn't leave your tires brown like some other manufacturers products... (Koffarmourall)
That's what I use. Smells like grapes...mmmmm

·
Registered
304 Posts
If you have to have the best, I don't think it gets any better than p21S wheel/tire cleaner. I use Eagle 1 tire/rim cleaner. It does an amazing job getting off the old tire gel and your new tire gel will look a thousand times better when it's applied.

I have a Hybrid and wipe down the rims with quick detail spray after every wash.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts