8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to lower my car and have searched the forums to death, but I cannot quite find an answer to this...

I'm pretty big about 6'3 300lbs looking to drop the car... Torn between sportlines and Pro Kit's, I want the drop of the sportlines, but am concerned with scraping and don't know if i should go with the Pro Kits

Anyone have any input?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what if later on i decide to add a hfp front lip, would that cause any problems? This is after all my DD

·
Registered
700 Posts
im a fat dude myself 320 or so. im bout to get the sportlines. il let you know what i think haha shouldnt have any issues tho

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
what does being a bigger guy have to do with suspension?
i doubt your car is gonna like sink down if thats what your trying to say

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Will a 1.4 inch drop give my FA5 a noticible more agressive stance or would I have to go lower for that. My goal is to not have the rear wheels camber out, for it to look low but not so low that I have to worry about scrapping and to get rid of some wheel well gap.

·
Banned
4,622 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Will a 1.4 inch drop give my FA5 a noticible more agressive stance or would I have to go lower for that. My goal is to not have the rear wheels camber out, for it to look low but not so low that I have to worry about scrapping and to get rid of some wheel well gap.
sure np :) trust me you will have a more agressive stance, its a perfect drop not too low, just low enough to look good w/o scrapping :D

check this thread you'll get a better idea.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/suspension-brakes/193001-official-lowered-sportlines-thread.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, that thread was really useful, plenty of good pics to help me make my decision. Only question left is, will a 1.4 inch drop with sportlines require a camber kit?

·
Banned
4,622 Posts
I have sportlines and i don't have a camber kit, I would say if its a 2" or more than you need a camber kit, otherwise you don't.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. R-18 I noticed you have 18" tenzo's. How does that look with a 1.4" drop? Any pics you wouldn't mind posting?

·
Banned
4,622 Posts
sure np, IMO its a decent drop but for me its not low enough, Im planing to get coilovers and sure I'll get you some pics this weekend! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts