8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
My favorite has always been JL's 12W6v2

I'm not a JL fanboy necessarily, but I thought that video was meh. I thought I'd see some actual flexing not just vibrating sheet metal. My friend used to do that at this coffee shop all the time in high school with 2 12W3's

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Depends on what you're end result is going to be. SPL or SQ?

For SQ:
w6, w7, fi Q are the first ones I'd look into. But, my 12w7 will always be used. When my wife trades in her Civic for a truck/SUV in the coming years I'll probably look at the w6's or Q's. The w7's are great subs, but very expensive and for the range it'd be playing I'm not willing to pay that much. I'm sure there are others I'd give some thought to, but those are the ones that popped into my head.

For SPL:
nothing. I'm over those days.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Gotta say that I love the way the new Resonant Engineering XXX subwoofers sound. I personally own a 2004 series XXX, and for the time I had it installed it was great. Then at the last SPL competition I attended, I listened to a couple systems with some 2006+ XXX woofers, one with 2 12's and the other with 2 18's. Both sounded fantastic, and the setup with 2 18's sounded better than my Fi Q's, though it did meter a couple db less than I.

I do also like the JL stuff, especially the w6 line. But I find the Resonant XXX subwoofers to be a step ahead, and unfortunately they are priced as such lol.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.