8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellows,

I’ve been wondering ever since I bought my car, if there was an aftermarket suspension system that enhanced response, turn in, stiffness, etc. without lowering the ride height? Maybe the smallest amount lower would be acceptable, but I’m not a fan of the slammed look on a lot of cars. I’ve done some research but it seems to be difficult to find the specific suspension upgrade I’m looking for. Does anyone have any suggestions? :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I guess sway bars, polyurethane bushings, good dampeners (KYB) and suspension geometry would be the things that give you what you're looking for. Given a lot of potholes and uneven roads I only changed my front camber with some camber bolts to make the car less likely to understeer and more planted while on the throttle mid-curve.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Paul, I was thinking that replacing all the bushings wouldn’t be a bad place to start and I definitely need new struts they’re starting to get a little jarring on certain roads and I’m hearing the wheel bounce around without much absorption when in a rough road. I don’t think I’m wanting to change the geometry too much but a sway bar at the front I’ve heard really helps with turn in and mid corner rotation. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks Paul, I was thinking that replacing all the bushings wouldn’t be a bad place to start and I definitely need new struts they’re starting to get a little jarring on certain roads and I’m hearing the wheel bounce around without much absorption when in a rough road. I don’t think I’m wanting to change the geometry too much but a sway bar at the front I’ve heard really helps with turn in and mid corner rotation. :)
I replaced my rear struts and the car is much more planted and the ride better. Like I've said I did increase my front camber to help the car get more turning capability, but sway bar adjustments would be by next go to thing if I were to change something else.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would you only recommend KYB struts or is there any other brand considered high quality?
Im in same situation and have ruled out coilovers since even at their highest setting, it is like a one inch drop. So far, after browsing this site, I like the combo of Koni yellows on stock springs. Lots of positive comments about the Konis. Unfortunately a bit pricey but oh well. I think if I were trying to pair the yellows with lowering springs, i’d just get some Tein coilovers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts