8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the best lowering springs to work with stock shocks and struts? also, if i decided to put it aftermarket shocks and struts as well as the springs, whats my best bet with a complete set without spending over a grand for a coil over set? i dont need all that adjustability. i just want it lowered, while gaining a bit in handling/performance.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
stock springs work best with stock struts, lol.

-only aftermarket shocks availalbe are tokico's. ~$400
-any drop 1.5" or less will compliment them very well. pro-kit, sportlines,s-tech, h-tech, comptech.
-camber kit will be about $220. i recomend SPC since its much easier to adjust once installed (intallation is a PITA if you dont read teh instructions carefully)

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
yup, ian here!

yea, definatly get at least a rear camber kit. my drop is only about 1 inch and the rear was about -2.5 (stock is -.8), other people have the same results.
the lower the drop, the more - camber you will have.

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
I went with the Pro-Kit and I'm very happy with them. I didn't use the rear camber kit and I'm ok. -1.5 and -1.9. in the rear. I went with the front camber kit and I highly recommend that you do also. It handles sooo much better with just a slight negative front camber. My car had really bad understeer when it was wet out. I set my fronts at -.6 and it sticks like glue even in the rain. If you decide to not get the rear camber kit just make sure you set the rear toe as close to neutral as possible to prevent premature uneven tire wear. Because negative camber will not wear tires any more than normal. It's the combination of the 2, excessive toe and camber.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
I went with the Pro-Kit and I'm very happy with them. I didn't use the rear camber kit and I'm ok. -1.5 and -1.9. in the rear. I went with the front camber kit and I highly recommend that you do also. It handles sooo much better with just a slight negative front camber. My car had really bad understeer when it was wet out. I set my fronts at -.6 and it sticks like glue even in the rain. If you decide to not get the rear camber kit just make sure you set the rear toe as close to neutral as possible to prevent premature uneven tire wear. Because negative camber will not wear tires any more than normal. It's the combination of the 2, excessive toe and camber.
agreed must get a camber!

·
Registered
141 Posts
i would go with tokico d-spec that will come out in 2 months, and lets see if rsr springs comes out or may go with tanabe i want the least amout drop. all will be put in at one time. camber kit i would go with 08 si arms cause it is longer to make rear camber more positive but will still be negative about almost -2.0 in rear after drop and cheaper 110 ship. (for fa5) and rear toe you dont want zero! spec is 0.8 to 0.16! you want 0.8 on both sides so you have a good thrust angle to the front to compensate for the caster or camber depend how it looks in the front for caster. then it depend how the front camber looks when you sit in the car.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
some people say different...i dont know what to beielive. but they are the only aftermarket ones available.
ya thats the real annoying thing at the moment. Tons of overpriced/not that great coilovers, springs galore, but no decent shocks to pair up with the springs. I just went with HFP for the ridiculously cheap price, and warranty. Ill probably upgrade to koni yellows in the next year or so...if they ever release them for retail...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts