8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
it depends what you do with your car. If you just drive normally, with no "spirited runs" then the factory Honda pads will do just fine for you.

If you like to push your car sometimes, maybe even the occasional track day then I would go with Hawk HPS.

Now if you track you car on a regular basis I would get the Hawk Hp Plus. they are the best performing ones, but they do lead to premature rotor wear, noise, and quite a bit of brake dust.

Of course there are other brands, but I have always had very good luck with Hawk. EBC would be another good company to check into. Also heres another thread that has some really good info in it.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/suspension-brakes/62478-brake-options.html

:thumb:

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
Where can I buy the Hawk HPS? Which site? Should I get front and rear together?
Corsport is a site sponsor that has great customer service and good prices. Heres a link to their Hawk pads
CorSport Online Store: Honda - 06+ Civic

It is not required to get front and rear together, and if it is just for daily diving I wouldn't replace either until you need them. Otherwise you are just wasting money.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
I need some too.. they squeak on occasion.
Are these performance pads (not the plus) OK in the winter?
I ask because I read a bit on it, and there were several concerns about their performance in the winter time.
any input?

·
Registered
877 Posts
i didnt want to start a new thread, but what is the advantage of the hfp brake kit... is it worth the money. i know it reduces temp and its rotors and pads, but its like $550 arnt there better options...?
sorry for the thread jack :wavey:

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
i didnt want to start a new thread, but what is the advantage of the hfp brake kit... is it worth the money. i know it reduces temp and its rotors and pads, but its like $550 arnt there better options...?
sorry for the thread jack :wavey:
all bling IMO, it does have some benefits, but not enough to warrant the cost.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Corsport is a site sponsor that has great customer service and good prices. Heres a link to their Hawk pads
CorSport Online Store: Honda - 06+ Civic

It is not required to get front and rear together, and if it is just for daily diving I wouldn't replace either until you need them. Otherwise you are just wasting money.
Well I think I need them because when I brake it's been making the squeking noise but only sometimes and when I'm braking 55mph or above I can feel the brakes a little weak. They don't vibrate, but it's close. I have 32K and haven't changed them since I bought the car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i loveee my hp+
they make a hell of a lot of noise, but i really could feel the difference compared to when i had my oem pads...

it's a really cold winter here in toronto, but i haven't had an issue with them not working in the cold... but i'd say hp+ isn't really necessary for an everyday person...

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
Well I think I need them because when I brake it's been making the squeking noise but only sometimes and when I'm braking 55mph or above I can feel the brakes a little weak. They don't vibrate, but it's close. I have 32K and haven't changed them since I bought the car.
the mileage doesn't mean anything. I've got 29k on my car and there is more than half the pad left up front. The noise cold be due to the cold weather. If you have the ability check how much meat is left on the pads.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I put the Hawk HPS on my Si. I can't stand the noise. I constantly get squeaks unless I'm braking hard. It's embarssing.

Since I don't track my ride I'm gonna either try Axis Ultimates or go back to stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.