8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best prices everyone has heard of in your locations? I'm looking at EX Coupes with manual transmission. In Texas the best I have seen is about $300 under MSRP but most dealers won't come down from MSRP - at least in the limited phone/email contact I have had with them. In Oklahoma, there is at least one dealer that is $1,100 under MSRP and another that is almost $1,000 under. What is everyone else seeing?

I'm Sean, by the way.

/first post

·
Registered
161 Posts
I got the automatic EX coupe for less than the manual, $18,120. I was very happy about that. I added fog lamps and splash guards for a total of $18,900. Already have a $1000 deposit which I will be increasing before I go sign the financing papers.

Before anyone goes baching the automatic for lack of performance, try shifting with the clutch when you have a bad left knee!

·
Registered
9 Posts
so I heard from this forum that all civics are usually marked up $3000 when they first come out. Any predictions on when this will go down to its value? Maybe before the launch date of the Civic Si??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rssazn06 said:
so I heard from this forum that all civics are usually marked up $3000 when they first come out. Any predictions on when this will go down to its value? Maybe before the launch date of the Civic Si??
That hasn't been what I'm seeing. Most, if not all, of the dealers in Texas have the EX Coupe w/ manual trans priced at $18,810, which is MSRP.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sean said:
That hasn't been what I'm seeing. Most, if not all, of the dealers in Texas have the EX Coupe w/ manual trans priced at $18,810, which is MSRP.
where are you in texas. I am in Houston and the McDavid and Goodson dealerships said that the state of Texas wasn't getting any manual transmissions anytime soon. That was said about a week ago though..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rssazn06 said:
where are you in texas. I am in Houston and the McDavid and Goodson dealerships said that the state of Texas wasn't getting any manual transmissions anytime soon. That was said about a week ago though..
I actually live in Oklahoma but I have been price shopping almost every dealer in DFW, Houston and Austin.

I used to live in Austin.

·
Registered
84 Posts
www.edmunds.com

They have MSRP and what the invoice ammount is and what the average person in the country is paying for that car. Check it out and offer to pay that ammount. no more

National Base Price (excludes destination charge)
MSRP $18,260 Invoice $16,692

this is a bone stock EX 5speed. u can do the link and click on some options and see what the final price is....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kyle23 said:
www.edmunds.com

They have MSRP and what the invoice ammount is and what the average person in the country is paying for that car. Check it out and offer to pay that ammount. no more

National Base Price (excludes destination charge)
MSRP $18,260 Invoice $16,692

this is a bone stock EX 5speed. u can do the link and click on some options and see what the final price is....
sorry but i dont see a link... maybe you could set one up see I can take a look at it??

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just bought an EX manual for $17,900 including destination, $910 under MSRP, in California. Other dealers in my area were giving me Internet quotes of $18,310.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
caexmt said:
I just bought an EX manual for $17,900 including destination, $910 under MSRP, in California. Other dealers in my area were giving me Internet quotes of $18,310.
Ok, that sounds about the same as here. I'm paying $17,800 including destination but excluding TTL.

·
Registered
17 Posts
...Originally Posted by caexmt
I just bought an EX manual for $17,900 including destination, $910 under MSRP, in California. Other dealers in my area were giving me Internet quotes of $18,310...

$17,900????
thats a really good price!!! for right now.
where did you get it? whats the dealer?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts