8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been doing scca solo races with my 07 si w/ the OE all seasons (eek) for a couple of months now. i feel like the stock tires are holding the car back from reaching its true limit. i was originally looking for a dedicated set of slicks to mount on 16" wheels, but i think it would be more economically feasible to just get a set of max performance summer tires on my stock 17" wheels. any suggestions? i was thinking about the kumho ecsta mx. i have heard mixed things about the tire, but for the price they seem really good. also, should i go with a slightly wider size?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I've personally run Falken Azenis RT615s for two seasons & am very happy.

I may try the Ventus RS2s soon, as I need a new set in the near future. With that said, I'm only interested them because of the glowing reviews I've read/ heard. I'm quite pleased with my Azenis.

With that said, I am, of course, admittedly biased. I've only run on these tires & some Bridgestones I was DD'ing on prior to having a dedicated set of track wheels.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm about to buy a set of dedicated wheels with Azenias on them as well . . . Everyone seems to think they are best bang/buck, but people who are using them for DD's are saying they are only getting like 2 oil changes out of them.

I don''t think I'd street drive them except to and from races.

Cow, when am I going to get to race you again?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i just ordered some Falken Azenis Rt615. i will be using them as my DD! hopefully ill see more than 10,000 miles out of them! :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
holy EFFING cow said:
I've personally run Falken Azenis RT615s for two seasons & am very happy.

I may try the Ventus RS2s soon, as I need a new set in the near future. With that said, I'm only interested them because of the glowing reviews I've read/ heard. I'm quite pleased with my Azenis.

With that said, I am, of course, admittedly biased. I've only run on these tires & some Bridgestones I was DD'ing on prior to having a dedicated set of track wheels.
i use the ventus rs2's and love them. i use them as daily driver tires too. they hold up very well and stick like glue.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I may cop a set pretty soon. Have you used Azenis vs them? The word on the streets is they're almost the same tires (the Ventus), handle water better, but seem different in turn in as their sidewall isn't reinforced.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
falken azenis 615, hankook rs2 and bridgestone re01r...

-falkens i currently have on and use for the track, they get greasy real quick within 3 laps, im not sure how they would do for autocross but ive heard great things.
-hankooks ive heard great things about. for track/autocross or for daily driving i heard they are great tires.
-bridgestones i currently have sitting in my garage ready to be mounted once my azenis are done. most people have been raving about these tires...

read some tire reviews and compare... i would personally recommend the bridgestone re01r

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
bridgestone what? ok what size tires are you guys running

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am currently on the 'stone re01r's. They are pretty damn sticky. I autox and do HPDE, so far, way better than the Falkens. They would fall off really quickly after a fair amount of heat, the 'stones hold up alot longer. Track weekend at Road Atlanta on some fresh"er" asphalt. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Oh yeah,
225/45/17 on fno1r-c's

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
y not wider. im lowered and got a 235 40 17. do you think we could get a 245 on there.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I have been very satisfied with my RT615's (225/45/17) this summer.. on the courses and on the street.

Also check out the RE01-R's, I've heard some good things about them

·
Registered
101 Posts
GlxyGry06Si said:
y not wider. im lowered and got a 235 40 17. do you think we could get a 245 on there.

For me, it was not very cost effective. It was a little over another $100 for the set for only 1cm more tread. Unless you have been competing for somewhere along the lines of 30 yrs, you'll never be able to tell that kind of difference.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Go with the 225/45-17 for the most accurate speedometer reading. For the money (from Tirerack) Bridgestone RE01-R's are your best bet for the long haul, meaning price vs. wear with handling.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone gotten a set of the re070's? They are the OEM STI tires and seem to be pretty sweet but i was curious if anyone has tried them out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts