8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just bought a 2007 si sedan. All of the reading I have done says it would be a good idea to do motor mounts first. What is the softest mounts that still get the job done? It looks like the innovative mounts vibrate less then the boomba mounts. Would 60a be stiff enough for just a bolt on car. I just plan on doing I/H/E and tuning it.

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the innovative 75 on my car and I love the feel of them. Fair warning they make the interior of your car rather loud. I now have a longer commute to work and almost regret doing full mounts just for the interior noise when combine with CT-E header, Berk HFC, and Q300. But performance wise they were a great investment!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the feedback. I def. don't want to make my car vibrate like a track car. I think I will go with the 60A mounts and if that doesnt hold the motor, then i will do the hasport rear mount.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have Boomba mounts. At first I was worried about the vibrations, but honestly the only time I feel them is when the a/c is on (I rarely drive with a/c... I like having the windows open instead).

Even then, the vibrations aren't bad. If you want to replace just the lower mount then do the Hasport dogbone, its more than adequate for I/H/E.

I went ahead and did all 3 torque mounts with Boomba to feel better about any future mods I would want to do.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You might want to stick with just a rear mount for now until you determine if you like the feeling. I don't think the vibrations are that bad with my full mounts, the problem is the noise. They transfer a lot of engine noise into the cabin.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the Innovative 60a mounts with the Hasport 62a rear mount and there is no noticeable vibrations in the cabin. Engine and transmission noise is a bit more evident with this combination though but definitely commute friendly!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies. I made the mistake of running mounts that were too stiff once and I don't want to make that mistake again. I think I will start with the rear mount and go from there.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am either going to get the innovative kit in 60a or the hasport kit in 62a. I just need to figure out which one is best.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have just read that they vibrate too much. Innovative 95a would be way to stiff for what i am looking for but I appreciate the offer.

Ryan

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went with the Hasport 62a kit. I will post what I think of them after they are installed.

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,929 Posts
You would be perfectly fine injecting your stock mounts for just bolt-ons...minimal vibrations and the cheapest route. If you need anything more get a 65A hasport rear.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts