8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a 08 Civic Si this week and it doesnt have Navi in it but I would like to add it with an aftermarket one.

If it has he stock CD player you have to get a new "faceplate" and a...

so the Navi will fit correctly.

Are all DD navigation systems the same depth and size? i want to make sure i get one that will fit length and width wise.

And what navi would you suggest, i was looking for navigation, iPod compatibility, with possible ipod video playback, traffic capability, and XM/Sirius radio compatabliity, and Bluetooth and potential for a backup camera.

will the sub woofer in the civic Si be able to hook up to the subwoofer output in the navi?

navi's im thinking about are...

Pioneer USA - In-Dash Navigation

and

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - IVA-W505/P1

the pioneer doesnt play iPod videos, but the Alpine one does.

i have an alpine CD deck with the iPod cord in my 91 Accord right now, and ive been pleased with its performance.

if you have any other navi suggestions please post them.

sorry 4 all the questions, im new to this stuff :wavey:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Are all DD navigation systems the same depth and size? i want to make sure i get one that will fit length and width wise.

And what navi would you suggest, i was looking for navigation, iPod compatibility, with possible ipod video playback, traffic capability, and XM/Sirius radio compatabliity, and Bluetooth and potential for a backup camera.

will the sub woofer in the civic Si be able to hook up to the subwoofer output in the navi?
Most will fit...go to crutchfield.com and you can check which ones are compatible

well i got my Kenwood DNX7120 about 6 months ago and love it

ur subwoofer is connected through a factory amp....ull need to get an amp integration harness to wire up the sub

i made a thread when i put mine in...check it out maybe itll help http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/i-c-...st-installed-kenwood-dnx7120-pics-inside.html

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I forgot about the other questions. . . all headunits will fit the same dimensions, its pretty much a standard of measurement you follow with these things

the W505 will have the Bluetooth with the navi. . . I dont think it has Traffic option with the nav, iPod support is pretty good through a full speed USB or the deddicated full-speed slot (I use the USB for friends with iPods and USB flash drives) the full-sped input is being used by an AUX-in. . . it will be ready for all your sat radio neds and HD radio as well should you want some of that. . . and itll take any back-up camera with a standard RCA output, im using a Kenwood model camera on mine

and like ^^ he said, youd need to integrate it to use the factory amp should you want to use your factory speaker setup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.