8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the black.. How difficult is it to maintain?

My second choice is the Galaxy Grey, but that's only if the black is so difficult that it's not worth getting.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
nothing is anymore easier to maintain than any other since you'll be washing your car weekly when you get it and fall in love :D

black is hot! silver is too! just not as literally on a summer's day.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Depends on if you're considering an Si (K20) or a non-Si (R18).

Are you going for a "look at me" color or a more sophisticated, classy color?

Outside the Si's Fiji Blue Pearl and Habanaro Red Pearl, there really aren't too many "look at me" colors for the sedan, but a very well maintained and waxed Nighthawk Black Pearl could do the trick.

Personally, my favorite color on the sedans is Atomic Blue Metallic. I rarely see it, and waxed, it looks gorgeous. Galaxy Grey Metallic is nice when it is well maintained, but 90% of the GGM cars I see look like crap because the person driving it doesn't care about cars. It's also one of the most, if not the, most produced colors on the Civic.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
^ once again, sorry but Fiji, Haberno, and Atomic are not available in Canada....

and he's looking at an LX-SR

the choices are:
-galaxy gray
-tango red
-taffeta white
-neutron blue
-alabaster silver
-nigthhawk black pearl

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
^ once again, sorry but Fiji, Haberno, and Atomic are not available in Canada....

l
I didn't see him specify anything for Canada. My bad.

And that sucks that you guys get robbed of the best colors.

·
Camry Loverz
7,499 Posts
Mugen SI is Fiji Blue.

IMO Black and Galaxy Gray would look the best out of your color choice if you want classy. BTW galaxy gray only looks nice when clean and black looks like crap when not maintained.

Go with neutron if you want a little more flashy.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I went with black!!!! No regrets at all, it is a bit*h to keep clean but when it is clean it is soooooooo fu*king nice!!!!!!!!!:eek:mg: They are right, you do have to maintain it to keep it nice. Good luck on your chioce!!!

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts

the choices are:
-galaxy gray
-tango red
-taffeta white
-neutron blue
-alabaster silver
-nigthhawk black pearl
I really like the black.. How difficult is it to maintain?

My second choice is the Galaxy Grey, but that's only if the black is so difficult that it's not worth getting.
If you constantly plan to wash and wax your car, then I'd recommend black. It's the most rewarding colour to own because there's so much shine and reflection to the paint. At the same time, it can be the worst colour to own because every spec of dust, imperfection, swirl and blemish will be very noticeable. If you're not planning to maintain your car on a regular basis and the car is going to be covered in road salt and dirt all year around, then it's most definitely not the way to go. Personally speaking, after owning black once, I'll never own that colour again.

I'm not too big of a fan of galaxy grey metallic. I personally think it's a very neutral colour and makes the already not-very-aggressive LX even less aggressive. It does a rather good job at hiding scratches and dirt, however the trade off is a less reflective paint.

Personally, I love white. It's a very easy colour to keep clean. It still looks clean even when it's dirty. The only downfall to this colour is the lack of shine. You can wash the car and it'll look clean, but it definitely won't spring out at you like black would. It's a good colour for me because I think it's elegant and I'm not the type of person who will wash their car every week. It's a good colour to maintain all year around and is very low maintenance.

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
Winter Black is the Worst, Spring Summer and Fall, Black is the Best!

It's time consuming to keep NHBP shiny and clean, not difficult. A good wax in the spring, with a follow-up late summer and one before winter and it's good protection against spider webbing on your clear coat.

If you don't wax or polish, black shows spider webbing the worst of all the colours offered by any manufacturer.

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
i would say tw should be in one of your choice. it looks sexy when its clean and its mainly only very dirty during winter. my neighbour has a black corolla and when i see him wash his car he always seems to struggle when drying the car because of all the streaks and when it dries its very noticeable. so i guess if you dont have that time to make it look nice anc clean dont go for black.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.