8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I'm a noob at mechanical work, I dont know if there is any other thread that would answer this question but I just wanted to know what is the best header, exhaust system on the market for 4dr 08 si no matter the price. The only one i've checked out is the buddyclubman racing manifold. Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
261 Posts
For the header, Hytech, Toda, or SSR. For the exhausts, there isn't really too much of a difference, it's more for sound than for performance. The only thing that will make a difference is if you plan on staying N/A or going F/I. If you are staying N/A, get an exhaust that's close to 60mm. If you are going F/I go for the bigger 70mm exhausts.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
thats the same size as stock... u should go atleast 2.5 or bigger.. K series motors love bigger exhausts... 2.25 is kinda a waste, you mainly gaining sound...
I agree you might as well keep stock exhaust if you want 2.25. I went with greddy se which is 60MM (2.36) since it had the sound I love and larger diameter piping. If you aren't F/I yet and you install those big boy's like 70mm it's going to hurt performance in the meantime IMHO.

·
Registered
72 Posts
thats the same size as stock... u should go atleast 2.5 or bigger.. K series motors love bigger exhausts... 2.25 is kinda a waste, you mainly gaining sound...
Well, everything I have always read suggest 2.25. I didn't realize stock was2.25. However, an a/m system will still have better flow due to the mandrel bends and higher flow muffler. I could see up the the 60mm but not the 70mm w/o fi.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
OP, if you want the absolute best in performance, money no object, then go with Hytech. They are spendy, but seem to give the best results.

Realistically, you should be thinking about outcomes for your car before you spend your hard earned money. Will you keep the motor stock except for the cat-back? Will you be modifying it and keep it N/A? Will you be going F/I and go with either a S/C or Nitrous? These are questions you need to ask yourself.

Also, something major to consider is sound levels. How much sound are you willing to live with and what are the legal implications?

There is no "one best system". There are many fantastic cat-backs. They can be grouped either by sound or by performance potential.

Tell us more about your future plans. Then we can advise accordingly.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I agree you might as well keep stock exhaust if you want 2.25. I went with greddy se which is 60MM (2.36) since it had the sound I love and larger diameter piping. If you aren't F/I yet and you install those big boy's like 70mm it's going to hurt performance in the meantime IMHO.
you obviously havent done any research to support what u say... the 70MM doesnt hurt peformance on a N/A car.. its been proven that our cars gain power even with a 3" exhaust.. the K series motor loves to breath.. you will notice more gains with more mods , like header etc.. once hondata releases a managment system the gains will be alot more noticable... and the 70mm exhaust are only 2.65 roughly ID they're not that big....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.