8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forums for an answer and did not have much luck. I painted my calipers back in August and ever since then I have had to touch them up atleast every 30 days. I used Dupont caliper paint, is there a better paint that I wont have to touch up as much?

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
I used G2 on mine back in May, never had to touch-up. G2 FTW!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
werd, the g-2 paint has great reviews.
Ive used high temp engine paint gloss black on other rides, and it lasted a couple years. It was also 4 bucks a can.

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
Paid $16 for my Dupont paint.
LOL...how'd that work for ya? :laughing: Sorry, I had to.

BTW, the G2 uses an Epoxy based paint. I think this is why it is so much better/expensive. It's a two part paint that you mix together, let cure for 30 minutes or so then apply. It cures hard after several hours. It is literally impossible to "reapply" the paint. Epoxy FTW!

·
Registered
35 Posts
ive used the dupi-color kit on my dc5. It works as well as you can expect. ive had it on for about 2.5 years and it is chipping. But nothing major.. just make sure you prep the caliper properly. Sand it down to roughen the surface. clean it off throughly with brake cleaner.. an paint with several coats...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL...how'd that work for ya? :laughing: Sorry, I had to.

BTW, the G2 uses an Epoxy based paint. I think this is why it is so much better/expensive. It's a two part paint that you mix together, let cure for 30 minutes or so then apply. It cures hard after several hours. It is literally impossible to "reapply" the paint. Epoxy FTW!
It works fine if you like to touch them up ever 1-2 months. But seeing that I have easy access to a lift and impact wrench it isnt that bad.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh wait maybe it was Dupli-color, either way it was cheap and I didn't know any better.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts