8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im turbo'd with a greddy kit..i OEM brakes are on their way out. what brand and what type of brakes pads should i replace them with and should i do the rears while im at it and do the rotor to like slotted and drilled? im leaning toward like a performance type pad to stop me on a time when im bosting around i did my search and couldnt really find much if you guys could give me a hand that would be greatful.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Wilwood bbk is excellent and at a good price point.

I went with axis ult pads(preferred to hawk)/dba 5000 rotors from tire rack but bribe blanks are always good as well, stainless steel break lines, motol 600 break fluid. They work great. I also removed the dust shield in the front for better cooling.

The axis ults are the most aggressive pad you can get that will be quiet on the streets and not eat your rotors. You'll find there all you will ever need on the street and probably the only up grade you really need, or at least that you will notice an improvement in brake preformance on the street.

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
If you really searched, you wouldn't be asking this question because Moose created a thread JUST for brakes and it has all the information that you need to know.

Also, understand that you're asking for opinions, and some people might and will give you opinions based on what? So take all that with a grain of salt and base it on your research and your needs.

If it helps, I also have a Greddy kit and I'm currently running OEM rotor/OEM calipers/Hawk HPS pads/ATE TYP200 brake fluid/Goodridge SS lines. This is good enough for the street, no need to spend hundreds of $$$ on a BBK or a whole new system. If you were to track the car, then that would be a whole different story, but for street driving, stick to what works. The HPS have a little more bite than stock but are pretty quiet and work right away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts