8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow I have been thinking about this for months!!! So many cars only one choice!! But the rule is no mods. Just pure Track ability, Drivability, Dragability, and likeability!!! And no used cars...

Some of many...

Subaru Sti
Mitsubishi Evolution
Mustang GT
350Z
G37
Honda Civic Si LoL:vtec: Might save us

Yall can come up with more, but choose which one you think is best bang for each and every buck. And best for the Criteria listed above.

·
Registered
542 Posts
k20z3_pwr said:
Wow I have been thinking about this for months!!! So many cars only one choice!! But the rule is no mods. Just pure Track ability, Drivability, Dragability, and likeability!!! And no used cars...

Some of many...

Subaru Sti
Mitsubishi Evolution
Mustang GT
350Z
G37
Honda Civic Si LoL:vtec: Might save us

Yall can come up with more, but choose which one you think is best bang for each and every buck. And best for the Criteria listed above.
Audi TT
GTO (I know 06 but still can find new ones)
G35
Lexus IS

blah, blah

theres lots on the list for Under 35k that will get you a nice car.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jardiniboy said:
My vote goes to the G37S.
I definenly like the new g37s, but depending on what the new Sti looks like i will pick 08 Sti or 08 Evolution. They might not be the nicest of the group or maybe depending on your taste, but they sure as hell man handle the other cars on the road course and their not that bad on the strip.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Lexus IS. Those cars are absolutely beautiful. Or, if you want to spend $35k you could get an si as a daily driver and have the remaining $10k to build a weekend car. That's what I would do if I were in your situation.

·
Registered
527 Posts
anavrin351 said:
G37's are nice cars, but its a nissan product and nissans are like the older fords. Crappy reliability
I don't agree. I owned a G35 Coupe since new, without a single problem.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
The G-series cars seem to be the exception to the reliability issues that Nissan has been experiencing recently. Both top reliability sources note that the G-series (as well as the M35) out of all the Nissan line up seem to have overall very good reliability.

Unless you are like me and got one of the 'unlucky' G35 Coupes with the 'oil consumption' issue...sigh. Still, can't complain, total engine replacement without a hiccup or fuss. Even being part of that 'unlucky' group, I would certainly consider a G again. Perhaps the G-sedan once the 3.7L moves to the sedan.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anavrin351 said:
Reliability-Honda
Handling-Honda
Straight line drag-STI
I agree while i was playing css [counter strike] a while back like everyone were dissin civics like "anythings better than a civic" what a bunch of retards i was thinking...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Janizary said:
The G-series cars seem to be the exeption to the reliability issues that Nissan has been experiencing recently. Both top reliability sources note that the G-series (as well as the M35) out of all the Nissan line up seem to have overall very good reliability.

Unless you are like me and got one of the 'unlucky' G35 Coupes with the 'oil consumption' issue...sigh. Still, can't complain, total engine replacement without a hiccup or fuss. Even being part of that 'unlucky' group, I would certainly consider a G again. Perhaps the G-sedan once the 3.7L moves to the sedan.
Agreed but I also think Subarus have damn good reliablity... Others opions on this?

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
G37?
ewww slushbox.
if you want a 6 speed G37 you have to get the 'Sport' which is like $37,000.

135i or 370Z when they come out.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
remember following posters this is for all out performance and all around scefications of the car

1 - 20 of 172 Posts