8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently hit a curb going pretty fast and Ive fixed everything else, including the outer tire rod, the lower control arm, and the rim itself. I took it into a shop cause the wheel still looked angled. They told me the spindle is bent by three degrees and is drivable but has potential to wear out tires within a couple hundred miles. He said its 400 hundred to order the spindle and have it fixed and at this point im burnt out and dont have the time to fix this last problem. I need to get the car from phili to washington dc (around 200 miles) and i wanted to know what you guys though about this? Do i need to have it done or can i drive on this for a few months till i can fix it myself?

Any help is appreciated!

P.s. can you just adjust the camber to compensate for the three degrees and drive on that??

·
Registered
67 Posts
could be suspension adjustments can't be made due to the spindle being bent in an angle out of range for camber adjustment. why not try to find a wrecked civic at a wrecking yard and use its spindle ?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
You can adjust the camber to compensate but you have to buy the some front camber bolts..they're like $20
this might work but i know that i wouldnt wanna be driving around on a bent/broken part ... like stated above i'd try and find one at the junkyard and use its spindle which will be cheaper then $400

·
Registered
132 Posts
same thing happened to me a couple months ago...its impossible to do a good alignment of the car with bent spindle...it will eat your tires pretty fast....i went to a junkyard and got one for 100 bucks and another 50 to install..so 150 for everything, which i think is not that bad bro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts