8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wanted to share with you all that I just got a 06 Civic EX sedan with auto. yesterady. This is going to be a big change for me I have been driving a truck for 10 years to communte back and forth to work. My previous Hondas have been a 92 Civic Si, 96 Accord EX coupe and a 98 Civic LX sedan. My wife was the primary driver of the last two Hondas but I knew that I wanted anther Honda to drive for my self. After seeing the new Civics and comparing it to an Accord I found that I liked the Civic better. It has more leg room in the front that a 4 dr Accord. I'm 6'2" and that was a big plus for the civic. And with the new tilt and telescoping wheel I could get to a much more comfortable position for me.

After finding a dealer willing to deal and have a car coming in soon in Alabaster Silver I made the deal. I had to wait a week to get the car. The dealership had one that was built but it never showed a delivery date so they found one at another local dealer and traded a 5 speed car for this one. I also had the splash guards, wheel locks and floor mats thrown in as part of the deal. The dealership that they traded with had already put door edge guards on this one so i got those for free.

I will have to say this is 10 times the car my 98 Civic was. The ride is better, noise in the cabin has been reduced, handleing is vastly improved and they have steped forward with the design. The otehr thing that I noticed was that the size of the interior has grown. It's not an Accord but it is getting close to the size my 96 was.

in the very short time I have driven it. I have to say I do miss the auto dimming mirrors that my silverado has and the radio display feature a lot of other new cars and even my wifes old 02 dodge grand caravan had where it will display the radio station call letters and song that is being played. I can get over this one though. I am planning to add an 8" bazzoka tube sub in the trunk as soon as I get time to wire it up. I have had this for quite a while and used it in a few other vehicles. I also can't wait to get the windows tinted. Other than that.

I'm loving It!

Brian

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
glad to hear we've got another owner on here. Welcome to the 8thcivic community. Post up some pics if you get a chance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
06 Odyssey EX

I wanted to let you guys know last week I went ahead and got my wife a new Odyssey EX Slate Green Metalic with Olive interior. She had an 02 Grand Caravan that she was driving until I traded it in on my Civic a few weeks back. I'm happy to say I now have two new Hondas in the Garage and loving it!
There are a few things that I miss from the Dodge that Honda should think about but nothing major. We also got 22mpg with the Ody on our first trip with it out of town. I very happy. :laughing:

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts