8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
07FiJiSi said:
Ok, a coworker of mine just installed a aem cai. After numorous rides in his car and races with our two si's...the intake deff. made a difference in his cars performance. I dont like to copy, and this makes an excellent scenerio to compare AEM vs Injen. A lot of the posts on here bash the Injen and talk about occasional CEL's...my friends CEL has never came on with the AEM. I'd like to compare them but I dont want to BUY a loss of power and CEL problems. For those of you that have the Injen are these posts true? What do you think I should do?
Powershift and beat him stock intake
or
110 for P2R spacer and 2 gaskets a good 4 whp

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
i own injen, and mine works perfectly! no cels or anything...but get the p2r spacer and gaskets, then race him and see which made a better difference and you will save lk 100 dolars

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
07FiJiSi said:
I'm bone stock and with racing him AND me driving his car IT MADE A DIFFERENCE. Granted its intake difference not like adding a blower to the car but its cut and clear his is faster.
You should race him again, only you drive his car and he drives yours. I bet that you will lose in his car. CAI FTL.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've had an Injen CAI for 5000 miles with no problems at all. It's really just going to come down to personal preference as to wich intake to get. I don't really see there being any difference between them. You may even be better off just getting the P2R spacer w/ gaskets, IMG, and K&N oem filter all for less than the cost less than a Injen or AEM intake. You'd probably even increase performance more with that as well.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i injen is ok. im one of the few that gets the random cel. if i had to do it all over again, i would go with the tb spacer + gaskets

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
i have an aem cai never had one problem
but i heard that injen is a lil better

but both are about the same i would say

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
mrk said:
I seriously doubt that.

I've raced two Si's with Injen CAIs with competent drivers and I always end up dead even with them with my stock Si with K&N drop-in.

I really don't see how a CAI alone could make much of a difference in a Si's performance.
When considering stuff like this, think of your powerband.

A Si's powerband is idle at what 700-800? Redline is borderline 8k. VTEC @ 5800-6kish?

I think most of us know that CAI's suffer a bit of bog when at low RPM's. You can feel/hear this.

So you just have to figure out at what point thru the powerband does the CAI provide gain, instead of loss.

I think youll find that past 2.5k CAI no longer is a loss. Where the CAI really performs is right before, and during VTEC. Thats where the Si with a CAI or SRI will pull ahead of you.

ps - ive had my injen installed for nearly 20k miles. No probs so far. Although it might be time for me to get a new filter..

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Kakashi said:
When considering stuff like this, think of your powerband.

A Si's powerband is idle at what 700-800? Redline is borderline 8k. VTEC @ 5800-6kish?

I think most of us know that CAI's suffer a bit of bog when at low RPM's. You can feel/hear this.

So you just have to figure out at what point thru the powerband does the CAI provide gain, instead of loss.

I think youll find that past 2.5k CAI no longer is a loss. Where the CAI really performs is right before, and during VTEC. Thats where the Si with a CAI or SRI will pull ahead of you.

ps - ive had my injen installed for nearly 20k miles. No probs so far. Although it might be time for me to get a new filter..
Just clean the filter.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
The people w/ the injen cai that have the random cells are as follows.

Excalibur
RWatters
Skel

I know their are others, but can't remember them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I guess there will always be the random few. The intake I have on my mustang I really didnt look into it that much. I have never had a CEL with it but I bet there are some ppl out there with that same intake that do.

·
Registered
241 Posts
question for those that have had the "random" CEL. although it has happend to me in dry weather, lately it has rained down here. do you think it could be the cause of extra moisture?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts